News Article: Who could the Flyers miss out on if they trade their 1st round pick this year?

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
The Eminger trade wasn't bad. it was horrific.
The Versteeg deal wasn't anywhere near as bad as the Eminger deal but its a deal that I would not of done. Even before what we know now. Good player but not worth a 1st and a 3rd IMO.
Only thing I would change in the Pronger deal was make that last 1st conditional instead of the 3rd.(The condition was obviously winning the Cup.) Other then that I do the deal. Quite honestly I still think the Ducks do the deal with the 1st being conditional instead of the 3rd.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I still think the Versteeg trade was pretty bad.

We traded him for a 1st and a 3rd during the middle of the season and then traded him after the season for a 2nd and a 3rd. Some speculated that he was injured when he was here. He should have at least been given a chance that year. He had a pretty good season the year after he was traded to Florida and went 23-31-54 in 71 games.

We just need to stop trading 1sts, 2nds, and 3rds unless it's for a player that's going to help our team for more than one season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad