Speculation: Who could be traded this summer?

Who could be traded this summer in your opinion?

• Laine

• Trouba

• Mark S

• Wheeler

• Big Buff

• Roslovic

• Hellebuyck

• K Connor

• Lowry

• Ehlers

• Little

• Perreault

• Morrissey

• Brossoit

• Kulikov

• Copp

• Niku

• Stanley

• Appleton

• Vesalainen

• Comrie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Could be anyone but the goalies and the players with NMCs, but Chevy would never go nearly that far. Still expecting him to trade Ehlers for some meathead.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I would prefer

1) Non Jets fans invading our board who obsess about Jets players and elevate them over the team.

2) Matty P (love ya MP but it’s probably that time cap wise)

3) KVes

4) Trouba assuming our future together is dead lets maximize value.

5) Maurice in January if the team is struggling.

I think we get a better return on Maurice now - before his team struggles again. :laugh:

Reactions: ps241

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Allowed to leave.

No contract offered.

I think he might be kept for 1 more year simply because we don't have many pro goalies in the system. Might be the Moose backup or the ECHL starter.

Or he might be let go.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Why are so many thinking Lowry is gonna be traded? Is it all on account of whatever single rumor is going around? His position on the team to me looks very secure, he's the glue that holds the bottom six together, he has a nice contract and Maurice loves him.

I don't know who else to pencil in for a trade outside of Trouba, there's no way to know who goes with him in a trade and I don't see a trade being built around any other player right now. Perreault and Kulikov are the two most likely but neither have good contracts for what they bring, especially Kulikov being so injury prone and both have a Modified NTC, tho only 5 teams for Perreault and 6 for Kulikov but it's still there.

Lowry just wasn't all that good last year. Copp showed he could replace Lowry. That makes Lowry expendable.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Morin is meh, Sanheim is a LHD who they had to play on the offside because of lack of good RHD, and Myers is a Niku level prospect. Ghost and Provorov are LHD also.

Their best RHS dman is Gudas currently who's one year away from UFA.

Fletcher has his marching orders to compete now. If they sign Hayes they have their top 6 C's set. Trading a third line C for a top pairing RHD is a "compete now" move. Philly ownership is impatient, that's why Hextall got canned despite a good draft history.

I think they're very interested in Trouba but would obviously rather trade for him around 11OA+ rather than Patrick. We'll see though, I'm hoping Hayes signs there and improves their C depth.

Gudas is not their best RHS D man. He is their only RHS D man unless we count P Myers as having made the NHL roster.

A compete now team would likely want to acquire players with picks and prospects instead of losing roster players. But if players are acquired they might make a roster player expendable. That would apply to Patrick if they sign Hayes. It could also apply to a D man if they get Trouba, though that isn't as clear cut.

Edit: Meant to say that 11OA + Myers could be seen as getting Trouba without losing a roster player. Some might say Myers is a roster player though.

Last edited:
Reactions: MardyBum

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Gudas is not their best RHS D man. He is their only RHS D man unless we count P Myers as having made the NHL roster.

A compete now team would likely want to acquire players with picks and prospects instead of losing roster players. But if players are acquired they might make a roster player expendable. That would apply to Patrick if they sign Hayes. I could also apply to a D man if they get Trouba, though that isn't as clear cut.

Edit: Meant to say that 11OA + Myers could be seen as getting Trouba without losing a roster player. Some might say Myers is a roster player though.

Yeah, in Philly fans eyes he is. I'm sure Flyers brass would rather not part with him if they don't think they're re-signing Gudas.

Guess we'll see what shakes out if Hayes signs

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Trade em' all, bring back Thorbs, Stu and Burmi and start from there, heck even give Pavs a call, he may be eager for a paycheque!

Reactions: Razzle71

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
There are not going to be 5 trades (players traded) from the active roster. The team is still a contender not in a rebuild. I voted Trouba - fairly obvious; Perrault - too expensive for the role he plays, has trade value, and the cap savings might enable Chevy to keep Tanev; and Lowry - in part because of the rumours of him and Scheifele :)blush:), in part because he could be lost in the expansion draft so trade him for an asset, and in part because he will have good trade value and might help fix the Defensive depth.

Reactions: Tommigun

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Blockbuster:

Trouba Wheeler Roslovic(he is an add in to spice the deal).

That would sure change the culture of the team.....

But same coach?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad