"Who Cares" chant after getting scored on

Boose30

Jun 22, 2010
The Colony
I just wanted to rant about this and idk if anyone else feels the same way but every time we get scored on and are losing the crowd chants "Who Cares". I'd like to ask the morons that do this to stop. We should care since we're losing. Could just be me, idk.

Boose30

Jun 22, 2010
The Colony
I dont ever remember people doing this when I was back in Buffalo. And that was when they were the team at the bottom of the barrel. Just makes people down here sound incompetent.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Really? I could've sworn when I was in Dallas in March of 2014 it wasn't a thing.

I think it was in early 14-15 when it started. I went to one of Klingberg's first games, and it wasn't being done. Then I went back around Christmas, and it was.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I think it was in early 14-15 when it started. I went to one of Klingberg's first games, and it wasn't being done. Then I went back around Christmas, and it was.

That's what I thought as well.

I wouldn't yell it if I was in attendance, I preferred when the fans constantly woo'd.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Oh, and even worse than the who cares thing is having the idiot with the bang sign jumping up trying to get on TV while the team is getting rolled.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Can someone explain? Is it a "chant" or is it just one shout after the goal scorer's name is announced or something (like the Preds you suck thing)?

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
It has been at least 4 years old. I have been a season ticket holder for That long and it has bee said.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
McDavid gets hat trick...crowd...who cares...lol

I can tell you who should.

I was at the game and whilst it was **** I was actually proud to have witnessed McDavid's first hat-trick as an NHL Player.

If you "don't care" that your team has been scored on then you don't care about hockey.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I was at the game and whilst it was **** I was actually proud to have witnessed McDavid's first hat-trick as an NHL Player.

If you "don't care" that your team has been scored on then you don't care about hockey.

That's what I told my wife, at least she saw history, the next Gretsky with his first hat trick.

As to the Who Cares, I agree it is stupid. But, I figure I can't change it if people like it.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
You guys are thinking to hard about this.

When people say "who cares" they're referring to Jeff K announcing who scored the goal, not the fact that a goal was scored.

"Goal scored by #97, Connor McDavid. Assisted by (whoever)."

"Who cares?"

Get it? Obviously people care that we just got scored on, but they don't care who scored the goal. They don't wanna hear it.

And no, the "woo" thing was ****ing awful. Beyond glad that that's over.

ripham23232

Nov 6, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
It's a pretty common chant across the hockey world. I've heard it at Griffins (AHL) and Red Wings games when I was in Michigan, Allen Americans and Stars games down here.

Every now and then you can catch it on a TV broadcast too.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I recall it being done when the opposing lineup is announced (more often in college basketball than hockey)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00