who between the two has had a bigger impact so far on this season?

Fearless Leaf*

Pick between these two guys. who do u believe has made a bigger impact on our season till this day? Kadri or JVR.

the reason why I asked this is because some Leafs fans think JVR has been our 2nd best player overall behind Kessel but I slightly disagree because I think Kadri has been bigger difference maker by a small margin. For one, he has shown up on consistent basis nearly each and every game, he is so creative with the puck and makes things happen on most ocassions, and has also looked quite well on both ends of the rink. I had slightly give the nod to Naz overall.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Chose them both equally.

However, one guy who goes unheralded and IMO whose name should be up there (for honourable mention) is McClement. He's like our swiss army knife, and is one of the primary reasons our PK is so solid this year. He leads the league in PK time, and if we're going to play the tough banging style, there are gonna be penalties to kill.

Not flashy, but he gets the job done.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
If Lupul wasn't injured and was in JVR's place I believe he would have very similar production to JVR. JVR's goals have come off of great plays by Kessel for the most part. Kadri has been a huge bonus that we knew could happen but we weren't expecting it or counting on it.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Kadri because he's adding scoring depth and a second serious weapon.

JVR is on Kessels line (though hasn't been all season to be fair), and is pretty much just doing what Lupul did last year, which is adding a second legitimate threat on that top line.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Kadri has created most of his scoring chances on his own and it's his first full season in the nhl. I feel like kadri energizes everyone with his play

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
it's going to be super sweet having a legit Kid Line when we're all healthy.

JVR-Kadri-Frattin behind Lupul-Bozak-Kessel. yum.

ForSpareParts*

I thought McClement was going to be a choice.

Doesn't anyone know anything about hockey?

Fearless Leaf*

I thought McClement was going to be a choice.

Doesn't anyone know anything about hockey?

McClement is awesome. I truly think he was a steal at just 1.5 mil, he is very sound defensively, great on the PK, and he has pretty good speed and cycle work with the puck on his stick. Very smart player but I don't think he has made even close to the impact as these two guys.

I am a big fan of McClement, he creates a pretty good shutdown line with Kulie and Grabo.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Kadri has been great, but if it's between the two, I would go with JVR due to the fact he has stepped into Lupul's shoes (skates) and has allowed the Bozak line to remain a viable threat.
This has forced the opposition to continue to focus on that line and allowed the Kadri line more favorable match ups, with less pressure.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Kadri has been excellent providing us with scoring from a line that is not the Kessel line. On top of that he riles up and disrupts the opposition with his play and personality. When paired with Frattin the duo can make big things happen in a hurry and togeather they have made Kulimen and Grabo's less than expected offensive play less noticable.

JVR has been an excellent goalscorer for us. He does something that I have not seen a Leafs forward do with any consistancy since the days of Gary Roberts in that he goes to the net and plants himself there. On top of the offense he has provided he has a very strong defensive game and he has improved our penalty kill as well.

Both players have been huge additions to our team this season...these are the kinds of players who will turn this team into a playoff team and help make us a contender if we get enough of them.

Other players who need credit for our play thus far are our goaltenders who are showing everyone that they are for real this season. Holtzer, Franson and Fraser have really helped Phaneuf solidify our blueline. McClement has been everything he was billed to be defensively, Bozak has played above any of my expectations for him and Karmarov is a pest and a half:) Not much is said about enforcers in general but the presence of Orr and McLaren has done wonders for the team in that they refuse to get pushed around on the ice.

The thing I am enjoying the most about the Leafs this season is the youthful age of our key contributers...this team is entertaining now but has a great deal of potential to get even more interesting as they gain in experience.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
I should go with JVR as he is playing on top line against top D pairs and shutdown lines of opposing teams and continue producing.
Kadri contributes well, which is appreciated and makes the team more dangerous, but he still plays somewhat sheltered minutes albeit with random line-mates.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
Kadri has been great, but if it's between the two, I would go with JVR due to the fact he has stepped into Lupul's shoes (skates) and has allowed the Bozak line to remain a viable threat.
This has forced the opposition to continue to focus on that line and allowed the Kadri line more favorable match ups, with less pressure.

kessel will always be a threat. if jvr wasn't on that line u knew people would still key on kessel. a Kulemin-Bozak-Kessel line like before could have been interesting if we wanted to keep JVR with Kadri, but i like the lines how they are now (and JVR is a stud, a line of JVR-Kadri-Frattin omg might be one of the better 2nd lines in the league)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad