Music: Who are your top ten Seventies musical artists?

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Hey, Focus kick their asses!

(I don't know if there is a big Focus vs Golden Earring debate in the Netherlands though.)
No debate! Earring was the most popular band until they had to stop, but few if any come close to the brilliance of Jan Akkerman.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Deep Purple
AC/DC
CCR
Judas Priest
ZZ Top
Stones
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Motörhead

My favourite 70s band is Black Sabbath

IMG_3276.jpeg

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Hmmm... This can be tough with some bands depending on how they straddled decades, but I'll have a go. In no particular order:

ABBA
The Who
The Clash
Creedence Clearwater Revival
David Bowie
Led Zeppelin
The Grateful Dead
Bob Marley
Bruce Springsteen
Neil Young

Reactions: H I S T O R I C

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Based around bands who have one or more 70s album I semi-regularly listen to today.

Blondie (unquestionably my #1)
Queen
Led Zeppelin
The Who
Heart
Ramones
The Runaways
Black Sabbath (Paranoid)
David Bowie
Sweet (Desolation Boulevard)

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
hahaha...we all have different tastes. I'm just a huge fan of Freddie. The guy knew how to put on a show and had one of the best voices ever
Agreed. Freddie would be near the top of my favourite live-performance singers. As a purely audio experience, he gets downgraded to merely 'Great'.

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
hahaha...we all have different tastes. I'm just a huge fan of Freddie. The guy knew how to put on a show and had one of the best voices ever
I'm not a Queen hater or anything. For example, "The Prophet's Song" (a Brian May composition but certainly a showcase for Freddie too) would probably be in my top 30 songs all-time. And I like their earlier albums. Still, to me Queen is a band that is easy to admire but impossible to love; many of their songs sound like pastiches and I just can't feel huge emotions when listening to them. :dunno:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I'm not a Queen hater or anything. For example, "The Prophet's Song" (a Brian May composition but certainly a showcase for Freddie too) would probably be in my top 30 songs all-time. And I like their earlier albums. Still, to me Queen is a band that is easy to admire but impossible to love; many of their songs sound like pastiches and I just can't feel huge emotions when listening to them. :dunno:

Greatest Hits is plenty when it comes to Queen for me. And I'm from the UK and grew up on Queen! I knew about a dozen Queen songs before one Beatles song. That is how popular Queen were in the UK. Actually, I believe their 1st Greatest Hits album is the biggest selling album in the UK.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
The Congos are another great 70s group, but I don't think they'd cut my top 10. Too individual song heavy.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad