Books: Who are your Most Powerful Marvel Comics Characters?

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Who are your Most Powerful Marvel Comics Characters?

One-Above-All

Beyonder

Living Tribunal

Eternity

Franklin Richards

Thanos (with the Infinity Gauntlet)

Phoenix Force

Cyttorak

Amatsu-Mikaboshi

Galactus

1666591600313.png

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
The whole cosmic pantheon - Infinity, Death, Eternity, Oblivion....

Abraxas

The Celestials in general

He Who Remains (Could alter time as I recall it)

Dormammu and pretty much his whole race of energy beings

The Stranger

Can't think of many more other than your list. The cosmic side of Marvel isn't my specialty.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Outside the celestial beings you mention in the first post. You can look at all the Omega level mutants.

Vulcan brother to Cyclops and Havok is much more powerful than either of them. His abilities include the control of water, wind, earth, fire, electricity, light, and darkness, and can channel them into a blast of deadly magnitude. He can produce forcefields and move objects. He also can sometimes, sort of like Rogue, siphon power from other mutants and temporarily use them. He can also detect, suppress, and manipulate energy from any source nearby.

Hulk and other Hulks have to be included as they are almost impossible to kill and only get stronger the more pissed off they get.

Thor and Odin. Right now in an arc in the comics Thor has basically become the strongest being in the Marvel universe having the Odin force on top of his own. The Odin Force even lets him create life and has been added to the God of Thunder powers he gets from his mother Gaia.

Molecule Man who can well manipulate pretty much the molecules of anything. What hampers him from become as powerful as he could is psychological problems that hold him back.

Proteus is another Omega level mutant who can control reality like Wanda Maximoff, He can teleport anywhere in the Marvel universe and generate forcefields. He can terraform planets and can control molecules to a degree.

Legion, the son of Charles Xavier is also a massively powerful Omega mutant who has almost unlimited power but like molecule Man his abilities are hampered by the psychological issue of a fractured psyche. HIs range of powers include the powers of pyrokinesis, telepathy, super strength, super speed, super healing, time travel, mind control, and even reality alteration.

Another legacy mutant who is Omega level is Hope Summers is a better version of Rogue, she can absorb other mutants powers but without touching them and without the other mutant losing their powers and she can keep those powers forever. She even beat the Scarlet Witch in a fight.

This brings us to 2 of the major magic wielders in Scarlett Witch and Doctor Strange. Both very powerful in what they do.

Anyways some off the top of my head. I mean you could make some arguments for certain other Omega mutants like Iceman, Magneto, Jean Grey, Kid Omega, etc.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I've always found it amusing how fixated comic fans are at comparing relative power levels considering, and I'm not a big comic reader I have to confess, but even I've seen that it fluctuates based on circumstances or how the writer chooses to have a battle go.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
One interesting character not mentioned yet in this thread is Onslaught who is an psionic amalgamation of Magneto and Professor X.

onslaught442.jpg

Onslaught is a psionic entity with superior physical and mental power; possessing the combined abilities of both his progenitors Professor X and Magneto. He also later added the powers of Franklin Richards and Nate Grey to his own, making him even more incredibly powerful. At its prime, Onslaught is capable of telepathy, telekinesis, energy projection, sensing mutant presences, manipulating magnetic fields, mind control, flight, mental manipulation, possession, astral projection, perceiving the world around himself as patterns of magnetic and electrical energy, absorbing any mutant into his being and affecting reality itself. Onslaught can also enhance his physical size and strength.

Onslaught's powers were well over that of Omega Level. In his first form (when he was one with Xavier), Onslaught showed a wide variety of abilities including immeasurable strength, and incredible resistance and endurance. Onslaught's psionic powers appeared limitless, appearing to surpass even that of Xavier in his right mind. He was especially powerful in the Astral Plane, where he appeared to have god-like abilities. From what has been seen, he seems to have total mental control over anyone or anything he wishes, ranging from altering people's perception to believe they are someone or somewhere else (he demonstrated this by making Wolverine believe he was a wolf pup, and making Storm think she was a child). Even in his initial form, he also demonstrated sufficient physical strength to punch the Juggernaut unconscious across North America, and to rip the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak out of his body. Onslaught also possessed many forms of energy projection, all of which are at high levels of power.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
One interesting character not mentioned yet in this thread is Onslaught who is an psionic amalgamation of Magneto and Professor X.

onslaught442.jpg
I thought of this character but he was a temporary character that no longer exists I believe unless I missed him coming back and existing still somewhere? As far as I am aware he is considered deceased right now. Then again Molecule Man has been dead and is alive again etc. etc. it is the comics after all where death is almost never death.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
The whole cosmic pantheon - Infinity, Death, Eternity, Oblivion....

Abraxas

The Celestials in general

He Who Remains (Could alter time as I recall it)

Dormammu and pretty much his whole race of energy beings

The Stranger

Can't think of many more other than your list. The cosmic side of Marvel isn't my specialty.

I thought he was part of the Rings of Power universe. :sarcasm:

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
I've always found it amusing how fixated comic fans are at comparing relative power levels considering, and I'm not a big comic reader I have to confess, but even I've seen that it fluctuates based on circumstances or how the writer chooses to have a battle go.
Because it's fun

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
-Gambit.
Alternate Gambits have destroyed a ton of Earths. Probably more alternative Earths than anyone else?
In an alt world, Gambit at full power without Sinster taking out some of his power defeated Phoenix and became a cool bad guy, New Son.

- Nate Grey. Crazy power levels

Last edited:

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Gawd I am not a fan of the Squirrel Girl character.
It was great in the beginning when it was a one off joke character that would mysteriously beat the most powerful villains in the Marvel Universe singlehandedly, off panel so you do not know how she did it. It was kind of funny and only used her once in a blue moon.

They have turned into a character aimed at kids now. My nieces love it so we are not the target audience.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It was great in the beginning when it was a one off joke character that would mysteriously beat the most powerful villains in the Marvel Universe singlehandedly, off panel so you do not know how she did it. It was kind of funny and only used her once in a blue moon.

They have turned into a character aimed at kids now. My nieces love it so we are not the target audience.
Indeed the list if people she has fought and "beaten" is just dumb now. I mean I get the joke but is has become old.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Wow. I had no idea, I just remember Dr Doom and Thanos.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad