Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
why-would-you-say-something-so-controversial-yet-so-brave.gif

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I voted Canada of course, but my son on the other hand is all Russia. We are of Ukrainian descent and at a young age, he had heard that the Ukraine used to be a part of the old Soviet Union, so naturally he took that as he is part Russian (which he may very well be). He’s also a massive Caps fan, and Ov is his favourite player so that helps. I hate it, and it has caused a wee bit of animosity over the years (all in good fun of course) but it is what it is. He’s a kid that likes to go against the grain. Im just sick of having to explain to people as to why my son is decked out in Russian gear at this time of the year lol

Last edited:

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Well, I'm not Slovakian so eh :D

There have not been many countries winning it for the last 10 years. Finland, USA and Canada.
That in itself is a big improvement in terms parity compared to when it was just Canada and the Soviets and they would each go on lenghty runs of dominance. Sweden honestly needs to step up in this tournament.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
That in itself is a big improvement in terms parity compared to when it was just Canada and the Soviets and they would each go on lenghty runs of dominance. Sweden honestly needs to step up in this tournament.

Sweden has had great success on preliminary rounds though.

And the trend past 10 years for Finland has been gold or nothing (except the last year's bronze).

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Well, Sweden, and I’ll be keeping an eye on my boy Jesper Wallstedt in net.

I’ll also root for Finland’s Olli Nikupeteri and Czech Jakub Brabenec, son of Kamil who played for us in Luleå when Jakub was conceived!

Reactions: Czechboy

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Canada first and foremost, but underdog teams that deploy a very stringent system have a soft spot in my heart

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Never understood the notion of cheering for the country where your from. If I felt the most exciting players were from some other place Id cheer for that place, Im not sworn to cheer for the place where I for some reason I was born in. The more I look into it the more I find nationalists to be of the bozo variety

Some years I cheer for Finland, some years Slovakia, but this year motherf***ing Russia :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad