Who are the Top five Fastest Hockey Players Today?

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I'm just curious who other people believe are the Fastest

My list:

1. Larkin
2. McDavid(He's incomparable when it comes to Acceleration though)
3. Ehlers
4. Athanasiou
5. Drouin
-
HM:

Grabner(Not as fast as he used to be, probably 1 in his prime)

Karlson

Duchene

Hall

Kreider

Last edited:

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
McDavid is faster than Larkin, Karlsson is definitely not top 5 anymore either. AA is faster than Ehlers who also shouldn't be at #3.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Drouin and Kapanen are in the top 5-10 IMO. Especially if we're talking game speed and with the puck on their stick.

IMO Grabner is the fastest player in the league.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I'd definitely consider Griffin Molino up there. He's one of the fastest players to come through the Canucks organization. I'd put him up there with Grabner and Raymond for fastest to ever suit up for us in the last little while.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
McDavid
Andreas Athanisiou
Grabner
Larkin
Helm for the homer pick, he and Larkin are close, Helm was faster than him

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Was gonna say...he may have the quickest first few steps in the league. Does anyone get more breakaways in the league?

Doubt it honestly. :laugh:

Maybe McDavid? I don't watch him as much as I do Grabner so not sure how many breakaways he really gets but I think Grabner gets one each game at the least(or so it feels like). It's like a routine for him.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Grabner's entire career has revolved around him being the fastest guy on the ice, so i'm going to give him respect vote even if he's not clear cut the fastest anymore. He is so effective at finding the spots to make his breaks

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Griffin Molino might be up there. I'd rank him up there with Grabner and Raymond for fastest skaters to play for the Canucks in the last little while. Its a shame he has no hands whatsoever though. Any chance he gets from his speed ends up being a weak attempt on net.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
McDavid
Andreas Athanisiou
Grabner
Larkin
Helm for the homer pick, he and Larkin are close, Helm was faster than him

Younger (2008-2010) Helm is right up there among the fastest that I've seen and possibly ahead of Athanasiou and Larkin, but I'd put him a small step below them now. He's still obviously a burner and faster than 90% of the guys in the league, but it's been almost 10 years since he first stepped into the NHL now. He's getting older.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Younger (2008-2010) Helm is right up there among the fastest that I've seen and possibly ahead of Athanasiou and Larkin, but I'd put him a small step below them now. He's still obviously a burner and faster than 90% of the guys in the league, but it's been almost 10 years since he first stepped into the NHL now. He's getting older.

100% agree young Helm was an absolute scorcher, I'd go with Byron with the rest of them there if I were to replace Helmer.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
Did Nathan Mackinnon suddenly slow down or something

Last I recall he can beat an Olympic skater in acceleration. I haven't watched much of the Avs lately but he was probably one of the fastest skaters I have ever seen

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
McDavid is faster than Larkin, Karlsson is definitely not top 5 anymore either. AA is faster than Ehlers who also shouldn't be at #3.

Proof? Ehlers had a faster time in the same competition as McDavid.. so that should warrant him as top 3.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Did Nathan Mackinnon suddenly slow down or something

Last I recall he can beat an Olympic skater in acceleration. I haven't watched much of the Avs lately but he was probably one of the fastest skaters I have ever seen

Last time I recall Nathan Mackinnon looked like he got burned in the speed competition, I'm pretty sure he put up the slowest time among players who went in it this year as well, I used to think he was fast but I don't know about that now.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Cogliano doesn't get a lot of love in these threads anymore but he still flies.

Taylor Hall deserves an HM too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad