Who are the Sharks "big time" players?

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville

BCShark

Feb 21, 2007
we must hold some type of obscure record for the decade of choking we just witnessed. most consecutive playoffs made without winning more than one game in the wcf?

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
we must hold some type of obscure record for the decade of choking we just witnessed. most consecutive playoffs made without winning more than one game in the wcf?

Hey now, we won Two games in the 2004 WCF, Rici's last games as a Shark.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
The inclusion of Eddie Belfour in that article made me throw up in my mouth a little. Can we disown him?

Also, if MEV continues to play the way he has he'd be an interesting case, probably the only one I'd consider outside of Thornton. Being the best defensive defenseman definitely has value, but I'm not sure how much the HoF would value what he does. If he continues to be the best, and wins a couple more gold medals, who knows?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
The inclusion of Eddie Belfour in that article made me throw up in my mouth a little. Can we disown him?

Also, if MEV continues to play the way he has he'd be an interesting case, probably the only one I'd consider outside of Thornton. Being the best defensive defenseman definitely has value, but I'm not sure how much the HoF would value what he does. If he continues to be the best, and wins a couple more gold medals, who knows?

Vlasic has absolutely 0 percent chance of making it into the hall of fame if he keeps at this current pace.

He would need to dtay at his current defensive abilities and start producing for the next 10 years at burns level offense for him to even think about making it into the hall of fame.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

I don't think MEV makes the HOF unless he can start contributing offensively, and I mean points. I doubt there are any defensive D-men in the HOF right now.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
FWIW, "Shark for a few weeks" Bill Guerin feels he's up for HHOF.

I do not believe it will be this year. I can't remember is it 3 or 4 male players inducted per year? If it is 3 there is absolutely no chance of him going in. Not over lidstrom, fedorov, pronger or even niedermyer.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Langway's probably the only real defense first defenseman in the HOF and I've heard that he shouldn't have won the Norris the one year he did. .33 PPG but numerous 30 point seasons and a 40 point season early on but dropped off significantly.

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com
Honestly, Thornton is the only one (aside from maybe young guys who could do something some day). Marleau would have an argument, what with the gold medals holding pretty much every Sharks team record, and likely hitting 1000 points.

For retired players, I don't think any are likely. Maybe Wilson, Suter, or Damphousse have a small chance, but even those seem unlikely.

Nabby did win the Calder and should have won a Vezina, plus holds at least some notable NHL records/achievements (consecutive road games, first goalie power play goal, 2nd goalie ever with three straight 40 win seasons), so maybe there's a small chance for him some day.

Selanne probably has good shot, with his personal achievements and a cup.

Eighth Fret

Jan 11, 2011
Honestly, Thornton is the only one (aside from maybe young guys who could do something some day). Marleau would have an argument, what with the gold medals holding pretty much every Sharks team record, and likely hitting 1000 points.

For retired players, I don't think any are likely. Maybe Wilson, Suter, or Damphousse have a small chance, but even those seem unlikely.

Nabby did win the Calder and should have won a Vezina, plus holds at least some notable NHL records/achievements (consecutive road games, first goalie power play goal, 2nd goalie ever with three straight 40 win seasons), so maybe there's a small chance for him some day.

Selanne probably has good shot, with his personal achievements and a cup.

Selanne is a lock. First ballot. I just dont' really consider him a Shark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad