Who are the last 10 MVPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Can ANYBODY tell me how the UKR goalie Karpenko was in the All-Star Teams at the 89 and 95 WJC's? He played at what, 13-14 years at the 89 WJC? According to hockeydb., he would have been 13.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
I noticed that Dion Phaneuf and Jeff Carter seem to be the only ones that have been named two years in a row. I didn't go all the way down, though, stopped at 1980 or something.

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
12# Peter Bondra said:
Can ANYBODY tell me how the UKR goalie Karpenko was in the All-Star Teams at the 89 and 95 WJC's? He played at what, 13-14 years at the 89 WJC? According to hockeydb., he would have been 13.

Total coincidence, actually.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=39582

Epsilon said:
An interesting note: two Ukrainian goalies have been 1st-team all-stars, and both had the name Igor Karpenko.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
tommi462 said:
I noticed that Dion Phaneuf and Jeff Carter seem to be the only ones that have been named two years in a row. I didn't go all the way down, though, stopped at 1980 or something.

Alexander Tzyhunykh, a Russian goalie was named twice in a row
so was Vladimir Krutov, Mikhail Tatarinov, Ilja something of Russia, a lot of Russians in the 80s
Kenny Jonsson of Sweden as well

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
I thought one of Dawes or Stewart should have at least made the IIHF directorate all-star team over Carter.
What? Do you mean last year, because this year no way. Neither of these players were stand outs, in fact both were disappointments, imo. I also think Carter was better than both last year, but that's probably my bias showing through. However, I could also make an argument that neither was the best player on his line, that honor would go to Mike Richards.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Gags1288 said:
What? Do you mean last year, because this year no way. Neither of these players were stand outs, in fact both were disappointments, imo. I also think Carter was better than both last year, but that's probably my bias showing through. However, I could also make an argument that neither was the best player on his line, that honor would go to Mike Richards.

I meant last year. Stewart was crushing the opposition and Dawes had the lethal wrist shot.

LoweDown

Jul 16, 2003
Visit site
12# Peter Bondra said:
Cause if a 13 year old would have been in the All-Star team at the WJC's, then that would have been a VERY good goalie.
Someone said that the 89 team was wrong:
You're right, that 1989 team is wrong. Hockey Canada has the teams on their website, and the real team was
Goaltender Aleksey Ivashkin (USSR)
Defensemen Ricard Persson (SWE) Milav Tichu (TCH)
Forwards Pavel Bure (USSR) Jeremy Roenick (USA) Niklas Eriksson (USSR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad