Who are the best NHL coaching candidates in the NCAA and AHL?

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Therrien getting fired has me as a Sabres fan smelling blood. Bylsma ain't lasting long in Buffalo. My hope is Tampa lets Cooper go and the Sabres jump on that opportunity but if not they'll need to look at the NCAA and AHL too for coaching candidates.

So who are those candidates?

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
I want to say Jerry York at Boston College but he would never leave the NCAA for the NHL. He will retire long before even considering it.

With that, hard to know if his coaching ability would transition with pros. He is an exceptional young players coach, one of the best in the world including those in the NHL already.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I want to say Jerry York at Boston College but he would never leave the NCAA for the NHL. He will retire long before even considering it.

With that, hard to know if his coaching ability would transition with pros. He is an exceptional young players coach, one of the best in the world including those in the NHL already.

what about Dave Quinn from BU?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

I doubt any team is going to be on Jerry York handling an NHL grind at 72. He's a BC lifer.

In the CHL, Knoblach is an interesting candidate.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Therrien getting fired has me as a Sabres fan smelling blood. Bylsma ain't lasting long in Buffalo. My hope is Tampa lets Cooper go and the Sabres jump on that opportunity but if not they'll need to look at the NCAA and AHL too for coaching candidates.

So who are those candidates?

cooper gets another year regardless of what happens. no doubt in my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad