Who am I? (Ducks trivia)

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I did this on the main board, and thought this game could be a good way of keeping the Ducks board alive as well during corona times ...

But unlike on the main board, here we're keeping the trivia to Ducks players only (former or current ones). You can make your own trivia simply by copy/pasting the coding in my post and replace it with your own players and clues.

10 points:
I played for three different teams in the WHL before I was drafted by Anaheim. They were the Victoria Cougars, the Prince George Cougars (relocated from Victoria) and the Brandon Wheat Kings.

8 points:
I played nine seasons in the NHL. Eight of them was with Anaheim. I split my last season with the Phoenix Coyotes and Calgary Flames.

6 points:
My career highs are 20 goals and 44 points, both came in the same season.

4 points:
I was on the Mighty Ducks team which made it to the Stanley Cup finals against the Devils in 2003. I had 11 points in the playoffs, but only scored 2 goals.

2 points:
I played my last games in Anaheim during the 2003/2004 season. After the lockout, the salary cap came around and I was traded to Phoenix to make room.

CORRECT ANSWER:
Mike Leclerc

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Another one:

10 points:
I'm a retired defenseman. I'm 6'2 and born in Cranbrook, British Columbia.

8 points:
I was drafted #9 overall (not by Anaheim) and won a gold medal with Team Canada at the U20 World Junior Championship.

6 points:
Eric Lindros and Scott Niedermayer were part of the same gold winning team. Niedermayer later became my teammate in Anaheim for one season.

4 points:
I've played over 500 games in the NHL. Nearly 400 came with Anaheim where I played during two seperate stints. During my NHL career, I spent just over 1000 minutes in the penalty box.

2 points:
After my retirement, I've been much involved in developing youth hockey in Anaheim. I'm currently coaching a U16 team.

CORRECT ANSWER:
Jason Marshall

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Decided to make one of my own, beats doing homework.

10 points:
I was a 6th round pick of the Mighty Ducks.

8 points:
I wore the "C" for Michigan State in my final year there.

6 points:
I played more than 500 games between 3 teams in the NHL, most of which for Detroit.

4 points:
My cousin with the same last name had a brief stint with the Mighty Ducks at the turn of the millennium.

2 points:
My brother currently plays for the Ducks.

CORRECT ANSWER:
Drew Miller

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Decided to make one of my own, beats doing homework.

10 points:
I was a 6th round pick of the Mighty Ducks.

8 points:
I wore the "C" for Michigan State in my final year there.

6 points:
I played more than 500 games between 3 teams in the NHL, most of which for Detroit.

4 points:
My cousin with the same last name had a brief stint with the Mighty Ducks at the turn of the millennium.

2 points:
My brother currently plays for the Ducks.

CORRECT ANSWER:
Drew Miller

I had no idea that guy was his cousin. Heck, I even forget about his brother is his brother, even though they resemble eachother so much. But I still got it right at 6 points.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
10 points:
I'm Canadian but was drafted out of Colorado College in the NCAA. I was selected in the 6th round.

8 points:
I played parts of two seasons in Anaheim. I'm still an active player in the NHL..

6 points:
I've represented eight different teams in my NHL career, including four in the last four years.

4 points:
I've aged like fine wine, as I'm better at nearly 37 than I was at 27.

2 points:
I'm a goaltender.

CORRECT ANSWER:
Curtis McElhinney

Reactions: Goose of Reason

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Here are three players at once. Let me know your total score :)

Player A:

10 points:
I'm a 2nd round pick from 2000 who spent three seasons in Anahiem.

8 points:
I represented Team Canada at the 2011 World Championship. It's the only time I represented my country at any level.

6 points:
I won the Stanley Cup in 2015.

4 points:
The three years I spent in Anaheim were the last of my career. I was in decline then, but was still fantastic at winning face-offs.

2 points:
I was part of the Ottawa Senators team which fell to the Ducks in the 2007 finals.

CORRECT ANSWER:
Antoine Vermette

---

Player B:

10 points:
I'm a retired player. During my NHL career I wore the numbers #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 and #7.

8 points:
I have dual citizenship.

6 points:
I was a defenseman and spent six seasons with the Mighty Ducks, the same franchise which also drafted me.

4 points:
I was particulary known for my big open ice hits.

2 points:
I was born in Ukraine. After many years in the KHL, I was back with the Ducks on a tryout at the 2015 training camp.

CORRECT ANSWER:
Vitaly Vishnevski

---

Player C:

10 points:
I was drafted in 2006. I'm a right handed shooter and I've represented three different teams in the NHL.

8 points:
I played in the 2010 Olympics. During the tournament I turned 22 years old.

6 points:
“One of the best plays I’ve seen from a D man from behind the net", Ryan Garbutt said after I set him up for a beautiful goal against the Flyers in 2016.

4 points:
I've appeared in more games for Anaheim than any other player from my country. No one else comes close.

2 points:
I was traded from Anaheim about seven weeks ago.

CORRECT ANSWER:
Korbinan Holzer

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
6, 4 and 2. I had no idea the second player wore all those different numbers which tripped me up a bit.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
6,4,6 on the last set.

I dig these kinds of things so giving it a go:

10 points:
I only played 1 game for the team that drafted me, but almost 1,200 between the other 3 teams I played for.

8 points:
I was never much of a goal scorer, but managed a Game 7 OT winner in my career. Plus a 3OT winner while with the Ducks.

6 points:
A native of upstate NY, I was a 7th Round pick of the Rangers back in 1993.

4 points:
I retired after the 2011 season, spending my last 6 seasons in Anaheim.

2 points:
I was on the Cup team after being claimed off waivers the year before.

CORRECT ANSWER:
Todd Marchant

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I got 8 on the last one, these are a shitload of fun.

I’ll give one a go.

10 points:
I am a retired player who spent my final season playing in the Swiss league.

8 points:
I was a highly touted prospect leading into my draft year and when I was traded by the team that I made my NHL debut with I was sitting second in all time goals and points for that franchise.

6 points:
I played for 5 different teams over my NHL career and racked up close to 1200 NHL games.

4 points:
I made the Stanley Cup finals three times, winning the cup once with the Ducks in 2007.

2 points:
I was traded to the Ducks at the 2003 NHL deadline and was with the Ducks for both of their Stanley Cup Finals appearances.

CORRECT ANSWER:
Rob Niedermayer

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Man that 07 team was insane. We had like 9 guys that went on to play 1000+ games. And Beauch was only a season and a half short

Reactions: Paul4587

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad