Votes: 34 32.4%
  • Draisaitl

Votes: 64 61.0%
  • Too close to call

Votes: 7 6.7%

• Total voters

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
This season or roughly over the last few? I’m inclined to go Drai for the latter. Idk if Drai is injured as some say or what the hell but he’s clearly a bit off rn if you watch the Oilers and he’s still doing really well

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Comparing a forward and a defenseman is pretty stupid. Karlsson's plays are wildly different.

Karlsson's better than Draisaitl defensively and that's saying something.

Reactions: PatrikBerglund

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
EK65 can make plays from anywhere on the ice. Taking their respective careers into play, I would take EK65. Drai has McDavid leverage in his assist numbers, but he is also an elite playmaker.

Very close.

Reactions: PatrikBerglund

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
This season the answer is Karlsson, the problem is that he doesn't play like this every year.
He hasn’t been healthy since 2017. There’s your answer.

He was 6th in league assists that season while also playing great defensively and being less offense minded than usual. In 2016 he led the league in assists, first Dman to do so since Orr. In 2014 he was 7th in assists despite coming back from a career threatening injury. All these seasons he also led his team in points and assists. These are historical play making numbers by a Dman.

He’s probably, when healthy, the best play making D save for Orr in NHL history. I don’t know how high you put Drai in a historical context among play making forwards but Karl’s status among play making Ds should seal the deal in this comparison.

Last edited:

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
He hasn’t been healthy since 2017. There’s your answer.

He was 6th in league assists that season while also playing great defensively and being less offense minded than usual. In 2016 he led the league in assists, first Dman to do so since Orr. In 2014 he was 7th in assists despite coming back from a career threatening injury. All these seasons he also led his team in points and assists. These are historical play making numbers by a Dman.

He’s probably, when healthy, the best play making D save for Orr in NHL history. I don’t know how high you put Drai in a historical context among play making forwards but Karl’s status among play making Ds should seal the deal in this comparison.
Do you have a copy of his medical records? Karlsson plays like shit - oh he’s just injured these last couple of years . Karlsson plays good- oh he’s healthy now.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Do you have a copy of his medical records? Karlsson plays like shit - oh he’s just injured these last couple of years . Karlsson plays good- oh he’s healthy now.

There's always an excuse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad