Who’s made better music, Kanye or Drake?

Kanye or Drake

• Total voters

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Tough one. They both have classics. Some would say Ye has more "classics" Drake has just been way more consistent and drops a lot more. Where Kanye is a perfectionist and worried about every little thing and doesn't drop music as much. I guess it depends on what you prefer. I want more music so I'm going with Drake.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Gotta go with Drake just because Kanye's last few albums have been really bad. Yeezus only had a few good songs on it that I still listen to. Everything pre Yeezus was fire. Damn Kardashians ruined Kanye's music :laugh:

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I think Kanye is very overrated and not that great (to me, he's more just surprisingly competent given how big of a moron he is rather than an actual standout), but Drake's music just sounds like pointless fluff to my ears, not much better than lame top 40 radio, so Kanye by default I guess.

Last edited:

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I don’t really care for Drake - liked him a bit 10ish years ago when he was just getting started, but I find the last 5 years any music of his that I hear is boring, bland and monotone. Very generic R&B music.

Kanye is far from flawless, but he has some music that I genuinely love, so him by a landslide.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The universal acclaim for Kanye's most notable work has always been so strange to me. I still can't figure out why it's liked so much, doesn't connect with me at all. I'm not a big fan of Drake, but he's had a decent amount of stuff that's still super catchy and enjoyable to listen to.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
If you don’t like either then why’d you reply to the thread with your stupid ass comment?
I don't see what's wrong with coming into a comparison thread and expressing the opinion that both being compared are bad. Kind of weird to restrict the thread to only include positive views.

Last edited:

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Not that big of a fan of anything he’s released in the past 5 years but Kanye actually produces (or “makes”) all his music while Drake pulls from tons of different producers and beat-makers.

Kanye also clearly set massive trends along his career while Drake is always hopping on trends. I don’t even dislike Drake (or like Kanye all that much nowadays) but this is no contest.

OzzyFan

Sep 17, 2012
Kanye for Peak, Prime, and Production abilities.

Drake for Consistency.

Conclusively, Kanye.

That said, Drake could pass Kanye for Prime if Kanye's "cold streak" continues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad