Who’s got the best theme?

Loryder711

Apr 16, 2018
New Jersey
I’m curious to see what picks people have for the best theme song in all of Pro wrestling. It can be currently used or something from the past, and it can be from any company that has ever existed.
Personally as a puroesu fan myself I’ve always had a soft spot for Naomichi Marufuji’s theme and I’d put it up there just for how awesome it is. That being said “Kaze Ni Nare” is also a great pick for best theme. Lemme know what ya got.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I don't know who Naomichi Marufuji is.

For what it's worth, nothing tops The Brood's old intro from yesteryear.

(HM: Right to Censor. :sarcasm: )

yes to The Brood

obviously you have the iconic ones like Rock, Austin, HBK, DX.

my all time favorite is still Taker's Ministry of Darkness theme...that was a bad ass and ominous song.

Lets face it...Jim Johnston is a genius

Reactions: quoipourquoi

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
my current favourites are Black, Dream, Undisputed Era probably more im not thinking of

Am I the only one that thinks NXT themes for the last year or so have sounded really generic and poorly done?

yes

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
my current favourites are Black, Dream, Undisputed Era probably more im not thinking of

yes

Black and Dream are good, (Worth noting Black wrote all the lyrics for his and I believe had an outside band do the music) Don't like Undisputed Era's at all. Sounds like something you get on Create a Character for the 2K games.

Cass' new music? Brutal. Actually I think it's the poster boy for the recent themes that have been generic. But it is always fun during his entrance to see this.

b23.jpg

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
well Cass aint on NXT so

His theme was given within the last year, and last I checked, CFO$ (I believe Johnston's role is reduced if not gone completely) handles much of the music for both the main roster and NXT, so...

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
His theme was given within the last year, and last I checked, CFO$ (I believe Johnston's role is reduced if not gone completely) handles much of the music for both the main roster and NXT, so...

"Am I the only one that thinks NXT themes for the last year"

again, Cass aint NXT

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Brood had an unbelievable theme. The Rock's theme around 97-98 was also legendary with that guitar and drum instead of sounding so techno-like.

The Brood takes it for me, though. HM to NWO Wolfpac.

Reactions: connormcmuffin

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Fabulous Rougeaus.

Other favourites: One of Rick Rude's various WCW themes (Simply Ravishing), Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Psycho Sid, Goldust, Hulk Hogan, Harlem Heat, Mr. Perfect, Macho Man's Pomp and Circumstance, Shinsuke Nakamura, Bobby Roode, HHH, Kurt Angle (I used to hate it but it grew on me), Hulk Hogan, Finn Balor, Ted Dibiase, Sandman (if that even counts).

"With My Baby Tonight" is my favourite wrestling related song that isn't a theme song, closely followed of course by the famous collaboration between The Rock and Slick Rick - "Pie".

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I loved Steven Regal's theme in the late 90s

Something manly about it, I can't put my finger on it

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
A lot of good ones over the years. Off the top of my head:

-Jericho's various WWE versions
-Jericho's second WCW version (essentially "Evenflow")
-Raven WCW (very much like "Come as you are")
-The New Breed
-Ric Flair
-HHH
-NWO Wolfpac only for the wolf howling at the beginning, otherwise it sucks
-Rowdy Roddy Piper
-Mr Perfect
-Edge (not sure why, but I really like this one)
-Fabulous Freebirds
-Four Horsemen (again, not sure why)
-Midnight Express (can't believe I almost forgot about them)
-EDIT: Ernest the Cat Miller (lifted from James Brown)
-EDIT: Alex Wright
-EDIT: CM Punk (Living Colour)
-EDIT: Bray Wyatt

Last edited:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Current: Nakamura, Sheamus, Wyatt, Black, Gargano, Corbin and Zayn (if he were a face)....Rollins with the inclusion of Burn It Down....

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
This is just way too difficult of a question.

Hollywood Hogan coming out to voodoo child is iconic though and I don't think it was mentioned?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad