Speculation: Who’d you rather: Devils or Hurricanes?

Who’d you rather play?

• New Jersey Devils

• Carolina Hurricanes

Results are only viewable after voting.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
We don’t match up well against the Devils. Or at least our performances against them have felt far weaker than those against Carolina.
I agree, but at the end of the day I hate the Devils way more than I hate the Canes and I think it would be a much more entertaining series with a lot more storylines. Canes are too boring, Devils vs Rangers would be so fun

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I agree, but at the end of the day I hate the Devils way more than I hate the Canes and I think it would be a much more entertaining series with a lot more storylines. Canes are too boring, Devils vs Rangers would be so fun
Very boring but very dangerous. Without question, I’d be rooting for NYR-NJD as a third-party / uninterested observer, though.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Carolina, but I think they are going to have to go through Jersey in round two anyways, so guess it depends if you think Florida or the Islanders can cause some trouble for NJ, or is it better getting NJ first if you are going to have to play them either way?

Glad it’s not Pitt getting the top WC, NJ or Carolina would have destroyed them.

Rangeri

Sep 29, 2020
Lapland
Devils all day. That series will get all the feelings out x100. When you beat the team you despise its one of the most joyfull feeling in the world.

Of course it goes other way too. Losing to them would be depressing af.

But that is why the series will be banger. Feeling every second of it.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Both match-ups suck. Whether the Rangers can neutralize the Devils' speed is the huge question. They've struggled with it the past two years in the regular season.

Carolina at least they know what to expect but that series is going to be a lot more physical. Either way, the Rangers will need to be very disciplined which hasn't been their calling card this year.

Very tough choice , and yeah, yeah, yeah, careful what you wish for. But I prefer Carolina.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Devils, only so I don’t have to put up with Maniscalco and Tracy.

Honestly believe I will put a hole in the wall if I have to listen to those homers crap all over the Rangers.

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Don't really care. Look what Tampa did to us last year even when we won the regular season matchup.
Both Kreider and Kane need to step up.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Need to beat both of them on the way to the cup anyway; good bet either of them beats Florida or the Islanders. I would bet we lose round 1 in 5 against NJD but beat Carolina in 6. Can't predict round 2 because of potential injuries, but our chances improve if we play NJD then.
I want to fail miserably on my NJD prediction, but just can't see how we stop them from scoring 4 or 5 a game.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don't really care. Look what Tampa did to us last year even when we won the regular season matchup.
Both Kreider and Kane need to step up.

We also need The kids to step up, they have gone cold again, no points in 3 games now. Too much inconsistency. Hopefully they play like they did last playoffs, but still need more.

We also have an excellent 4th line now which can pass for a 3rd line. That’s going to be critical in the playoffs, to be able to roll 4 lines.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I look at it this way - I get my work schedule the day before and I always do the hardest job first.

Devils.

And, the thing is, I really think we should beat them.

Advantage:

Goalie: NYR, wide margin
Forwards 1-12: NYR
D 1-6: NYR

Rangers in 6.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
All I keep hearing about is NJ's speed. Florida was fast too. Playoffs are a different animal. You must slow the game down in the playoffs and limit time and space. IF the Rangers can do that, they win the series. I am very confident in that. If this becomes a track meet, you'll need to pray Shesterkin goes full Dominator and steals the series.

We also need The kids to step up, they have gone cold again, no points in 3 games now. Too much inconsistency. Hopefully they play like they did last playoffs, but still need more.

We also have an excellent 4th line now which can pass for a 3rd line. That’s going to be critical in the playoffs, to be able to roll 4 lines.
You need your stars making loads of money to be your better players, especially when GG is letting them stay out there for a full two mins with the man advantage. The Kids have still been good despite the three-game "cold" spell. If they were bad, it would be a different story. Tons of confidence in their game.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
It's a tough call. If we're destined to lose either way, I'd rather do it against Carolina, but if we're going to win, I'd rather beat NJ.

NJ could be a tougher out in the 2nd round than the 1st, depending on injuries. It will probably take them a bit to adjust to the playoffs. Look at us last year against Pittsburgh. They were a 1 line team and we barely squeaked past them. The lessons we learned in that series helped us in round 2. Would we have beaten Carolina last year if we had played them in round 1? I'm not sure we would have.

Getting NJ in the first round might give us a leg up due to our experience from last year.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Both match-ups suck. Whether the Rangers can neutralize the Devils' speed is the huge question. They've struggled with it the past two years in the regular season.

Carolina at least they know what to expect but that series is going to be a lot more physical. Either way, the Rangers will need to be very disciplined which hasn't been their calling card this year.

Very tough choice , and yeah, yeah, yeah, careful what you wish for. But I prefer Carolina.
This is something I've always wondered with the Devils and is where I think we've gone wrong against them this year. Do we need to neutralize their speed or should we open it up and try to essentially make the series into a matchup of Igor vs. Vanecek?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad