WHL trade deadline 2019.

jessek37

Jan 2, 2019
Seattle kicked off the trade deadline with a pair of moves. First, Zack Andrusiak was dealt to rival, Everett for Sean Richards, list player Brendan Williamson (2002) and three draft picks (2019 2nd rounder, 2020 3rd rounder and a conditional 2022 4th rounder). The second move saw G Liam Hughes and a 2019 8th round pick sent to Lethbridge for Keltie Jeri-Leon, signed prospect Michael Horon and a 2019 4th round pick.

Who are going to be the big buyers/sellers come January 10th, and what direction do you hope to see your team move in?

Last edited:

Slomo

May 27, 2018
Wheatkings as usual will wait till then to make a selling splash. Gone will be Matheous, Higson, Wytnik, Thompson and perhaps even Patera.. They will bring in a few draft picks and hopefully some 19 year olds for next years leadership.

jessek37

Jan 2, 2019
Brandon hit pay dirt last year at the deadline. I think the sellers are probably engaged in talks right now and are hoping for a bidding war.

Reactions: wgpsensfan

Slomo

May 27, 2018
What other website are you checking for trade updates? This site seems to be more for the NHL.

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Portland just paid a lot for Joel Hofer from Swift Current. He spent most of last year as a backup it seems and his numbers aren't that inspiring this year, what am I missing here as a Portland fan?

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
Hofer has a better save percentage than Portlands starter despite playing for the worst team in the league and being a year younger.

I guess Portland's scouts and GM are of the belief Hofer will vastly improve their goaltending not only this year, but next year as well.

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Hofer has a better save percentage than Portlands starter despite playing for the worst team in the league and being a year younger.

I guess Portland's scouts and GM are of the belief Hofer will vastly improve their goaltending not only this year, but next year as well.
I knew they were going to do something as Farkas has been a disappointment, but wasn't expecting 2 firsts to go as we look for a rebuild next year with Jarvis as our main player.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
I knew they were going to do something as Farkas has been a disappointment, but wasn't expecting 2 firsts to go as we look for a rebuild next year with Jarvis as our main player.
More than likely, Hofer will be there next year too. MAYBE even the year after as a 20, who knows.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Brandon hit pay dirt last year at the deadline. I think the sellers are probably engaged in talks right now and are hoping for a bidding war.
How many second rounders to they have in 2019 draft to go with their 3 firsts?

jessek37

Jan 2, 2019
What is your take on the trade value wise? Is Hofer going to be that big of a difference maker for Portland?
He absolutely could be a massive difference maker. While the price is high now, you could easily recoup some of the picks by dealing a guy next year or even flipping Hofer if someone is looking to pay a Kings ransom.

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Wish all the best to Ryan Hughes as he heads to Saskatoon. Real hard worker who should put up points there. Helps recoup some of the spending of the Hofer and potentially Brink deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad