WHL Power Rankings Oct 12th

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
http://canesdomain.com/?p=1885

EASTERN CONFERENCE

1. Calgary (70): Hitmen have won five of seven, single regulation loss, on the back end of three in three nights.

2. Brandon (66): Fire power comes from everyone on the team. Scored 13 vs. Kootenay. McGauley injury appears to have no effect.

3. (tie) Moose Jaw (57): Only team in the WHL without a regualtion loss. Beat Calgary at home.

3. (tie) Red Deer (57): Tough week with losses in Lethbridge and Calgary, won home-end of home-and-home vs. Calgary. Lost Mahura until April.

5. Lethbridge (48): 2-1 with wins vs. Red Deer and Medicine Hat, lost to high-powered Kelowna. Burke and Co. scoring at will for the ’Canes.

6. Prince Albert (41): Began U.S. road swing with a shootout loss and a regulation loss.

7. Saskatoon (35): 31 goals on the season, three overtime losses. Came from behind to beat Swift Current.

8. Edmonton (31): Had won three in a row, suffered loss to Regina on the road to end the week.

9. Medicine Hat (24): Needed OT to beat Saskatoon, lost last two. Beaten badly by Lethbridge (7-0).

10. Regina (21): Could be ranked higher, beat Vancouver and Edmonton to cap off the week.

11. Swift Current (17): Best team save percentage in the league, allowing league-high shots against per game (40.86).

12. Kootenay (6): Last win was Oct 2, five straight road losses since. Descheneau injury not helping matters.

——

WESTERN CONFERENCE

1. Kelowna (48): Came home from a goal-filled Alberta road swing, then got shut out at home.

2. Victoria (46): Vollrath shut out Kelowna, allowed only four goals in four games. His GAA is 1.17.

3. Everett (40): Tips get an OT winner from Laurencelle on Saturday and four points from Stadnyk on Sunday as their big guns come through.

4. Seattle (35): T-birds eke out two big wins as Barzal (three points) and Watson come back to the fold.

5. (tie) Vancouver (21): Poor defence and goaltending on Eastern swing does not bode well for Giants (26 goals-against in four games).

5. (tie) Tri-City (21): Outlook is good with more scoring coming in this season from the likes of Beau McCue (four points for the week) and Co.

7. Spokane (20): Helewka is in the AHL and the young Chiefs are struggling offensively without him. Anderson-Dolan is solid but a 16-year-old top-line centre does not usually a contender make.

8. (tie) Prince George (19): Split series at home vs. Tri-City, with the latter game having a combined 108 penalty minutes.

8. (tie) Portland (19): Loss of Ericson is huge but newfound chemistry with top line of Abols-Bittner-Schoenborn promising.

10. Kamloops (5): Hapless Blazers still seeking their first win and blowing 1-0, 2-1 and 3-2 leads to Tri-City has to hurt.

CanesDomain

Oct 19, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm Brock (the manager of Canes Domain). I appreciate the E for effort as its more than most of my profs ever gave me!

You are right though! I only had one vote. Drinnan also posts these same rankings bi-weekly if that gives it any more legitimacy.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad