WHL Playoff Predictor Pool

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Three series down... 2 bang-on and 1 about as far off as I could be. At least nobody saw a Regina sweep coming.

Based on the season series I really thought it would be closer, but I took a gamble and went with swift... shouldn't have done that. nope.

takehisheadoff

Nov 2, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
Brandon-Kelowna final. Brandon wins in 7.

Bumping this a tad. I would not be one bit shocked if Medicine Hat pulled it off and beat Brandon. I could see Brandon beating any other team but if a team were to take them out I would imagine it would be the Tigers. Who knows a lot could happen. I could even see Kootenay coming back to Calgary then getting hammered in 4 straight next round to the Tigers. It is a great playoffs this year.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Bumping this a tad. I would not be one bit shocked if Medicine Hat pulled it off and beat Brandon. I could see Brandon beating any other team but if a team were to take them out I would imagine it would be the Tigers. Who knows a lot could happen. I could even see Kootenay coming back to Calgary then getting hammered in 4 straight next round to the Tigers. It is a great playoffs this year.

Its possible, but the way Medicine Hat looked vs the Wheat Kings last, they don't worry me near as much as Calgary.

Brandon swept Med Hat in the season series, shutting them out twice, including 5-0 the last meeting.

Anything can happen, but I predict a Brandon vs Calgary East final, with Brandon winning in 6 or 7.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Its possible, but the way Medicine Hat looked vs the Wheat Kings last, they don't worry me near as much as Calgary.

Brandon swept Med Hat in the season series, shutting them out twice, including 5-0 the last meeting.

Anything can happen, but I predict a Brandon vs Calgary East final, with Brandon winning in 6 or 7.

Calgary has to get out of this Kootenay series. They've had questionable goaltending and the last 2 games have been very poorly officiated. That's taken them off their game and let the ICE right back in the series. 5 on 5... it's not even close.

I really don't see how Calgary can beat Medicine Hat unless one or both goaltenders figures out how to stop the puck. I've watched 5 of the 6 games, and in each one there has been at least 1 goal that simply should not have gone in. In 4 of the games, there have been 2. And on top of that, there are a number of goals for which you can't blame the goalie, but a top-level goaltender is going to make a big save for you and keep you in the game every once in a while. There's been none of that for the Hitmen.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Putting my 12-0 mark on the line this round.

I'm on Kelowna in 6. Brandon in 7.

arsmaster*

Putting my 12-0 mark on the line this round.

I'm on Kelowna in 6. Brandon in 7.

To be fair these have been fairly easy matchups to call, I'm also 12-0, although I don't think I have the amount of games in the series' right.

That's the ultimate prediction.

I think both are going 7, I hope for our sakes they do, because these are 4 very good teams that play exciting games.

Best time of the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3