WHL Defenseman Prospects

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
smhn.gif

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
If I went to the Leafs board and posted a thread titled "Dylan Strome is the best forward in the OHL", I would be infracted and probably banned from their forum.

Can HF Article be ****ing banned from this forum? Please?

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
Yes, I see my comment was deleted and then HC changed the title of the thread that said Hicketts is the best defenseman in the WHL. Smooth move.

WTF were they thinking posting that here? What do they think the response would be?

Yup...my comment was deleted too. These "articles" are total trash! I won't even click.

Phunhog

Jul 18, 2007
What...

"With eight goals and 32 assists in 30 games, Travis Sanheim would seem to be on pace to match last season’s output of 65 points in 67 games."

... the ****?

This made me laugh, thank you sir

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Wait. Did they list Hicketts over Provorov?!

HAHAHAHAHA. Ignore listed.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Hockeys Future on Hicketts: Long-term Hicketts projects as a puck-moving, power play quarterback-type of offensive defenseman at the NHL level. To reach that potential he will have to remain healthy, continue to add strength and refine his technical skills, and become more consistent in his defensive game.

On Provorov : The Flyers signed Provorov about two weeks after the draft, and he is expected to be NHL-ready soon. The blueliner is projected as a top-pairing defenseman.

Hockeys Future also has Hicketts as a 7C and Provorov as an 8B and this clown writes this article? Good job bro.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What's the fuss about Hicketts? I mean he was a nice free agent signing, but jeez, second year past his draft year and he's putting up good, but not great numbers, wasn't dominating in the WHL playoffs last year nor in junior 20 the last two years. He certainly didn't jump out at me watching junior 20 games.

Forget Sanheim and Provorov, who are clearly superior, not just performance but size and skill, I wouldn't trade Myers straight up for Hicketts, both were undrafted, but Myers has legitimate NFL size and is outpeforming Hicketts in his first post-draft season, albeit with a great team that inflates his numbers.

The Flyer prospect I'd consider equivalent is probably Friedman. Hicketts doesn't have Ghost's shot, and he's smaller than Ghost, so while he may turn out to be similar, I doubt he'll be nearly as good. The problem when you're that small is you have to be more than good, you have to be clearly superior. Ghost showed that he was special in the NCAA playoffs.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Currently:

Provorov 47 13 38 51 +44 14
Sanheim 37 9 39 48 +9 52
Hicketts 47 4 41 45 +20 38

Provorov played circles around both Hicketts and Sanheim in the J-20, has scored more goals (Hickets has 16 goals in his last 109 games), is clearly the better defensive defenseman and bigger and far more physical. Other than that, Hicketts is just as good!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hicketts is a good story. He's defeated a lot of odds against him to this point so that tends to have people overrate him. The reality of the situation despite all of that he's still a guy who's going to have a long road if he ever gets to the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad