White Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Foley*

I know that the Winnipeg Jets started the White Out tradition in the playoffs many years back, but weren't there other teams that also did them during the playoffs? I specifically remember the Nordiques fans doing white outs during a long playoff run they had in the 80's (1982, if I remember correctly); does anyone else remember that as well?

brianscot

Jan 1, 2003
Halifax, NS
Visit site
I do remember the Canuck's fans doing it when the team made the finals against the Isle in 82.

I'm not sure if they used white or not, but thankfully it didnt involve a flag with Tiger Williams mug upon it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
brianscot said:
I do remember the Canuck's fans doing it when the team made the finals against the Isle in 82.

I'm not sure if they used white or not, but thankfully it didnt involve a flag with Tiger Williams mug upon it.

If it wasn't white, I sure hope it was black, because I don't think anyone was feeling the mustard...

Ogopogo*

This tradition began with the Canucks playoff run of '82. One game, Roger Neilson, coach of the Canucks, thought the refs were calling too many penalties against his team and put a white towel on the end of a hockey stick and waved it. (Not sure if he got a bench minor for that stunt)

This set the fans into action and they began waving white towels through the rest of the playoffs.

Sincen then, MANY teams have done the same thing with white, rede and other colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad