Kings Vision: White House Visit

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
Watch LIVE: KINGS @ White House - Tuesday, March 26 @ 10:30 am PDT Online Stream

WATCH LIVE: LA Kings & LA Galaxy at the White House
Watch live Tuesday, March 26 at 10:30 a.m. PT as President Obama congratulates both champions !

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=662109 :stanley: :towel:

Tune in Tuesday, March 26 starting at 10:35 a.m. PT as President Barack Obama welcomes the the Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings and Major League Soccer champion LA Galaxy to the White House to honor their 2012 championship seasons in a ceremony. Additional coverage of the visit can be found on Twitter by following @LAKings, @LAGalaxy, and @WhiteHouse.

After the ceremony, the teams will host a Let’s Move! clinic on the South Lawn of the White House for youth sport participants from across the country. The clinic is supported by MLS WORKS, MLS’s community outreach initiative that promotes the importance of living a healthy lifestyle, and the Kings Care Foundation, the club’s community outreach initiative that is focused on providing and enhancing educational, recreational, and health-related programs for the youth of Los Angeles. The children participating in the clinic come from the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s Soccer for Success program in Philadelphia, America SCORES programs in Atlanta, Boston, Cleveland and Washington, D.C. and NHL’s Hockey is for Everyone programs in Washington, D.C., Columbus, Detroit and Philadelphia.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KingsVision?feature=g-high-u <--- KingsVision youtube link, may be posted after live, in case you miss it ?

Last edited:

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Don't they usually invite the champs to the WH within a month or two after winning and not near the end of next regular season?

I think the lockout pushed it, and then it probably had to be rescheduled, which is probably no easy task for a busy man. I'm excited it's finally happening.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Don't they usually invite the champs to the WH within a month or two after winning and not near the end of next regular season?

Not that soon. Only the Super Bowl champions visit the White House before the new season starts. Champions in the NBA, NHL, MLS, and MLB visit during the following season. I think the NFL has it right so all the players can participate. For those other four leagues, only the returning players can be there. I wonder where the new players stay. Speaking of new players, Toffoli and Ellerby won't be seen behind the President. Well, at least i assume that's how it's done.

Ron*

Need a First Goal type of contest thread? :)

Slava's first name, Kopitar's entire name, Stoll's last name.

And Alex Martinez.

I'm going to disagree with this. The guy knows his sports, and he is aware enough that mispronouncing a name gives off a very bad impression.

Ron*

He'll make references to tonight's game against his hometown team.

That's a given.

When the Lakers went there, he was chiding that Phil only got 5 in L.A. but he had 6 titles in Chicago. :)

And he bragged that Magic couldn't beat his Bulls in 1991 (when the two teams met in the Finals).

So he is definitely into that comparison-type stuff with the Windy City.

Ron*

Actually, the championship teams usually meet around 6 or more months later; for convenience purposes. I think the last Stanley Cup team, Boston, met with him in January of the following year.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I hope it's available online. So who do you think he picks on? My vote goes to Quick or Brown. And does Quick say "look at this f---ing president" afterward to the press? LOL!

Captain Mittens*

The White House has no answer for the torta!

l.jpg

Habster33

In Habs we trust!
Dec 15, 2010
Dustin Penner ‏@Dustinpenner25
After careful consideration I've decided not to visit the White House today for political reasons LOL JK I'm not an idiot!Free trip? I'm in!

Haha did he just troll Tim Thomas there?

DaAnimal

May 8, 2009
Pasadena
Do staffs of the LA Kings gets to go to the White House as well? Or just players + coaches?

Also any sighting of greener and/or Mitchell?

EDIT> Oh I see Mitchell.

Captain Mittens*

Dustin Penner ‏@Dustinpenner25
After careful consideration I've decided not to visit the White House today for political reasons LOL JK I'm not an idiot!Free trip? I'm in!

Haha did he just troll Tim Thomas there?

LOL! Thanks for passing this on!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad