While you are proposing Lucic deals today..

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Keep in mind this statistic...

He has played in 24 games in the play-offs that were games 6 or 7, or series clincher games,...His stat line

24 games, 12 goals, 9 assists, 21 points.

So I guess keep hammering away at a guy who came off pretty invasive wrist surgery.....at a guy who is more often than not penalized more than any other player in the league for legal checks.... I mean,Mike Green does worse to him, and of course its him so it's not called...he does something where a known diver / embellisher is the target and gets an automatic penalty.

Is he childish ? Yeah. Should he be on the Jersey Shore? Prolly. But one thing he is , is emotional....You would think we would come to expect it by now..

Again, Ference does something far more visible and is a hero.. Lucic gets taunted by a fan, bites and acts the fool..

The one bad thing I guess, if that was a cup raise, I'd bench him for that....Shows from Neely on down this organization is living in the past it would seem.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
The only deal I would consider is one where he gets an extension to stay in Boston- and maybe permission to let the beast out from time to time when the puck is dropped.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
all the anger/rage/uproar and panic over 55 being moved, can just imagine the crud on here if Looch happened to be as well

member 96824

Dont trade him, just bag skate him until he finally learns how to turn a calendar.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
When I saw his Cup raise, my first thought was that he was taunting the fans for not seeing their team pick up a Cup in ages.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Once again a spoiled fanbase that feel's entited to a win every single night and are ready to rip a player to shreads for any reason after a loss (and most times after a win as well).

sickining.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Did he get something thrown at him? or like water or something? I thought I saw that on a scroll on NESN last night.. but then again i've gotten like 12 hours of sleep in the past 3 days so i could be imagining all of this.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Once again a spoiled fanbase that feel's entited to a win every single night and are ready to rip a player to shreads for any reason after a loss (and most times after a win as well).

sickining.

Trade Kelly, Loui`s a bum, Bartkowski is awful, Caron is the cause of all that ails this team....list goes on. I`m with you, there will always be differing opinions on an opinions board but man o man, I read alot of other teams board and while there is criticism handed out to their players/coaches and Mngt. sure doesn`t seem to be as prevalent and with such venom as is ofter displayed here win or lose

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I personally loved it. Dude was the only one last night to show any emotion and play with some heart.

I didn't see most of the game i was listening to it.. but i did see him assist on the goal to make it 5-4.. I know he peeled off on some hits.. but we all know why.. They're in Montreal.. I can't stand players just turning there backs when they're going to the boards. Even if looch pulled up he would've gotten most of his body into Emelin.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
the problem isn't Lucic, he's obviously still recovering from his injury but still playing alright IMO; he did have 2 assists last night and was trying to hit everything he could.
The problem is that the team is trying to change our identity this year, and that's a mistake. Guys like Cunningham and Robins should be getting more looks then they are. Team toughness took a big hit removing Thornton, Iginla, and Boychuk. and we should stick to the "being tough to play against' mentality, not the speed game.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
You must be at the top of your game here no matter the circumstance or you get barbequed. It's ludicrous and begs the question,"Do you understand hockey at all?" Unfortunately a top level physical player like Lucic will be prone to playing at less than full strength and his best type of game is nearly impossible to replicate game in and game out,unless you're Terry O'Reilly!

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
Two crowds I won't understand, the ones that over react at a guy who has done so much in the past. On the other hand, I'll never understand the people that are up in arms when any of the Bruins fan boys get criticized. It's perfectly reasonable to say he had a suck game and hasn't played well yet this year, cause he hasn't. I get the surgery talk, but I also hate the excuse train, there's plenty of plays that aren't going for right for him that would have nothing to do with a wrist. That said, you are absolutely right, the people exclaiming for trades don't understand what he has done and what he means to this team.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Two crowds I won't understand, the ones that over react at a guy who has done so much in the past. On the other hand, I'll never understand the people that are up in arms when any of the Bruins fan boys get criticized. It's perfectly reasonable to say he had a suck game and hasn't played well yet this year, cause he hasn't. I get the surgery talk, but I also hate the excuse train, there's plenty of plays that aren't going for right for him that would have nothing to do with a wrist.

Sure he can do better, but trade him like many are suggesting? Or saying 'He sucks" when his total body of work speaks differently ?

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
You must be at the top of your game here no matter the circumstance or you get barbequed. It's ludicrous and begs the question,"Do you understand hockey at all?" Unfortunately a top level physical player like Lucic will be prone to playing at less than full strength and his best type of game is nearly impossible to replicate game in and game out,unless you're Terry O'Reilly!

And who is to say he was able to every night. The bar is raised to high on Lucic. People come and ***** they want him gone if he doens't have a Gordie Howe hat trick every game. There are 29 other teams who would love, love to have him on their team.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
He's playing like dog poo, but he's also one of the only guys left on this team with any muscle.

Dumb to trade him. Dumb.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
And who is to say he was able to every night. The bar is raised to high on Lucic. People come and ***** they want him gone if he doens't have a Gordie Howe hat trick every game. There are 29 other teams who would love, love to have him on their team.

30 fights a year and had to be 300 hits and until the end when his shoulder was popping out you'd never know he ever had an ache or a pain-ever. He simply suited up and played the same way over and over again. Noone else who is a physical player first can do that,that I'm familiar with.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Don't worry guys listenig to the radio (a rock station that hardly does sports) in Saskatoon this morning and he made a gesture to the crowd to "suck his @&57" the media bias is amazing ....

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
Sure he can do better, but trade him like many are suggesting? Or saying 'He sucks" when his total body of work speaks differently ?

That's certainly overboard cam I agree with you. As always theres a healthy middle ground to any argument. But hey, this is HFBoards, nothing healthy here :laugh:

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
At some point trading him will make a lot of sense. That is not today. I would look into it in 2 seasons when statistically speaking he will likely start to drop off like other similar players in the past.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
He's playing like crap obviously but I believe he'll come around. The surgery has yup be affecting him and now it's in his head. He's starting to get chances tho and is still trying to do the right things so that's a good sign.

Lucic is part of the established core of this team. Just to stir up some controversy tho.. would we be better or worse if Seguin was kept as a core guy instead of him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad