While early, Nikolaj Ehlers looks to be for real

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I wrote something that has numbers and charts:
The Winnipeg Jets' rookie winger Nikolaj Ehlers has been opening quite a few eyes with his impressive play. With three goals and three assists already, Ehlers has been a major driver of the Jets offense early in the season.

He has yet to earn much talk for the Calder though, but this could very well change if things are to persist.

Let's show why...
http://jetsnation.ca/2015/10/26/why...-be-for-real-and-has-legit-shot-at-the-calder

Last edited:

jetman

May 21, 2015
I read the article. The headline is pretty much a perfect TL;DR.

Of course you need to read the article to figure out why.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think I've said he is the real deal about 100 times since the season started. That one is easy to see with nothing more than the eye test ;)

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It's nice to see the numbers and particular areas where he's the best rookie though, beating out McDavid and others...

That is a bit harder to do with just eyes.

Agreed. Just funning ya. I've been keeping a pretty close eyes on his numbers.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He will continue to get underated in the media I think though unless he starts leading the league in goals or points, which probably won't happen. The Jets can use that to their advantage. With this kind of pace what kind of numbers do you think he is capable of putting up this year Garret?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Watching Ehlers , his skating style , his speed , and his shot , MAN he reminds me of another Jets rookie from a few years ago .... he wore #13 , i think his name was Teamu or something .... can you imagine if Ehlers comes close to this , WOW !!!!

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Wow great article, thanks for putting those numbers together.

I had no idea Ehlers was outperforming the other rooks by that much so far.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Watching Ehlers , his skating style , his speed , and his shot , MAN he reminds me of another Jets rookie from a few years ago .... he wore #13 , i think his name was Teamu or something .... can you imagine if Ehlers comes close to this , WOW !!!!

Ehlers needs about 9 goals in the next 2 games..:yo:

He does have that game breaking speed ala Teemu.

They should create a set play for him with Enstrom, Byfuligen, Trouba and Myers

just like Teemu with Housley, Ellett, Olausson and Numminen.

The set stretch play that springs him for breakaway or partial break :D

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
You couldn't draw those graphs much better if you were just making stuff up to create a fictional superstar. If his shooting percentage nudges up while the others' nudge down, and he and his linemates stay healthy, he's going to have a jumbo year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad