Which young players would've gotten a shot with your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Quite a few youngsters for Dallas actually..

- Jaroslav Svoboda was expected to crack the line-up. He could've been the left winger on pretty much any line.

- Junior Lessard was pretty much a lock to play along side either Modano or Turgeon, baring a camp breakdown ofcourse.

- John Erskine would've faced his make-or-brake-season.

- Dan Jancevski would've been ready for a spot on the 3rd pairing, if not playing, Dan would be the team's #7 defenseman.

- Trevor Daley was expected to play a top 4 role and log tons of minutes on the PP.

- Dan Ellis would've been Marty Turco's backup and play between 10 and 20 games, baring injuries ofcourse.

- Mattias Tjarnqvist would've been one of the new checking wingers. He returned to Sweden for an indefinite period because of the uncertainties in the NHL.

- Antti Miettinen was already pencilled in to form a possible All Finnish Line.

- Steve Ott would've been a lock to play all games.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Habs...

Tomas Plekanec, Chris Higgins, Ron Hainsey and depending on the whole suspension issue, Alexander Perezhogin

Safir*

ATL: Coburn had a good chance to play for the Thrashers.

I also think that Slater might had a chance.

OTT: I'm not really sure, but maybe Platil would have been given a chance to prove himself in the NHL (6/7 D-man)

Ray Emery and Prusek would have battled hard for the backup job.

sunb

Jun 27, 2004
Yale University
Vancouver has Jovanovski, Ohlund, Sopel, Salo, Allen and Malik as their top 6 but with injuries, it was expected that Jonathon Aitken and Kiril Koltsov split the opportunities between them. Depend on who gets injured though imo. If Sopel gets injured, it would be nice to see Koltsov replace him on the PP.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
417 TO MTL said:
Habs...

Tomas Plekanec, Chris Higgins, Ron Hainsey and depending on the whole suspension issue, Alexander Perezhogin
my list
1- Komisarek 99.99% sure of a starting job with the departure of Quintal
2- Hainsey 90% probably as 6/7th defenseman
3- Higgins 90% he's fast,good defensively,good offensively, he's now bigger and he's dedicated to suceed...
4- Perezhogin 70% skillwise he's ready for NHL duty, good defensive awareness, good shot, just need to get bigger and he's a lock !
5- Plekanec 70% he has all the tools! only our depth and size at center that should make it difficult ...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Kryoptix said:
my list
1- Komisarek 99.99% sure of a starting job with the departure of Quintal
2- Hainsey 90% probably as 6/7th defenseman
3- Higgins 90% he's fast,good defensively,good offensively, he's now bigger and he's dedicated to suceed...
4- Perezhogin 70% skillwise he's ready for NHL duty, good defensive awareness, good shot, just need to get bigger and he's a lock !
5- Plekanec 70% he has all the tools! only our depth and size at center that should make it difficult ...

I left out Komisarek cause it was a given that he's already on the team IMO, I agree with your post though, the only thing holding back Plekanec is our depth at center, he's not going to play the 3rd line and I don't think they want him to play on the 4th line either

Prucha73

Rangers:

Lundmark
D. Moore
Tyutin
Pock
Kondratiev
Lampman
Helminen
Hollweg
Murray
Giroux
Wiseman
Balej
Betts
maybe few others like Liffiton, Taylor, Falardeau

If there wasn't even a threat of lockout then we also could have had Lundqvist, Immonen, Prucha and Marek.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
For the habs, I'm pretty sure that Hossa, Perezhogin and Hainsey would have made it. They can't go in the AHL and they're good enough to make the team. If Kovalev comes back, the top12 forwards should look like this : Koivu / Kovalev / Ribeiro / Zednik / Ryder / Bonk /Bulis / Begin / Sundstrom / Ward / Perezhogin / Hossa. That means two more spots are available and it should logically go to Higgins and Plekanec. Maybe they would benifit more of a full AHL season? So they could give those two remaining spots to goons like Ivanans or someone from the waiver draft... It's a possibility I don't know for sure. As for the defense, the top 6 is a lock with Markov / Souray / Rivet / Brisebois / Komisarek / Bouillon. Hainsey will be the 7th dman. Then you got Theodore and Huet in the nets, so there's no new comers there. Perezhogin, Hossa and Hainsey are pretty much locks because they can't play anywhere else and they're good enough to crack the line-up. Higgins and Plekanec are ready but can benifit of another ahl season, it's not sure in their cases but there was a good possibility.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
The Wild would have added Koivu, Wallin, Wanvig, and Veilleux.

nikolai19

Jan 5, 2003
Corona, CA
myspace.com
Kings would have had Grebeshkov, Gleason, Cammalleri, Brown, and Frolov, all under 23 would have been up.

Tuokonen is still a couple of years away. I really think, and we'll no more in a couple of months, but come late in the season I wouldn't be suprised to see Pushkarev get in a couple of games.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
For the Capitals:

Almost definite

A.Semin
J.Aulin
S.Morrisonn
M.Ouellet/R.Stana
S.Eminger
B.Gordon
O.Fussey

Maybes

J.Klepis
J.Cutta
G.Mink

Long shots

J.Johansson
T.Fleischmann
E.Fehr

Ovechkin was not included because of the dispute between the Caps and the Russian Hockey Federation.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
For the Ducks
Ilya Bryzgalov would backup Giguere
there's 1 spot available on Defense that would of gone to either Mark Popovic, Kurtis Foster or Tomas Malec
Ryan Getzlaf would of probably gotten a spot up front, Curtis Glencross, Chris Kunitz, Mikael Holmqvist and Alexei Smirnov would all of challenged for positions as well

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
pavel datsyuk said:
Detroit: Kronwall for sure. Hudler maybe. Bootland, i hope not.

Holland better keep the next few 1st's, or else. :mad:

There still was a chance Grigorenko would have come over slim chance but money does talk, same with Frazen. Then again he's not young, the old Wings draft an old player what a shock.

As for your Holland comment. I'll meet you dat JLA. You bring the duct tape and rope, i'll bring the concrete.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
For the Panthers...

Definite possiblilties (according to Keenan): RW Anthony Stewart, LW Greg Campbell, LW Josh Olson

Maybe earn a spot as a regular/Callup duty: D Lukas Krajicek, D Filip Novak, RW Rob Globke, D Viktor Uchevatov, C Kamil Kreps

Long shots: C Rostislav Olesz

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
for the Isles-

Mapletoft and Godard were headed to LI.

Conn. Post says that Dubie may backup DiPietro when the lockout ends.

Bergenheim was coming to camp,trying to earn a spot.
Gervais,Pettenin and Caldwell would have battled it out for Cairns' roster spot.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
With the depth the Coyotes have, hard to say.

Taffe and Sjostrom would have been first callups. Westrum had a strong chance as a checker.

Likewise Spiller and Ballard on defense and goalie LeNeveu would probably get a few games at some point.

Podlesak, McLeod and Koreis would be dark horses to make a brief appearance.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Minnesota would have had:
Mikko Koivu
Kyle Wanvig*
Rickard Wallin
Stephane Veilleux

*= Wanvig would've have had a stellar preseason to make the team...

If Wanvig didn't make it Patty O definitely would have with a call up of maybe Derek Boogaard and some defensemen later in the year.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Flame_Star_Devil said:
NJ has a lot, actually... Parise, Pihlman, Suglobov, perhaps Foster, Nittel, Pikkarainen, or Voros.
I don't think so, NJ has virtually no roster space for rookies. Parise would have made the team, Suglobov had a chance, but the rest would have been in Albany.

slimer

Jul 8, 2003
For the Blues:

Sejna
Disalvatore
Evans
Pohl
McClemment (maybe not right away)
Glumac
Sanford or Bacashua

I would guess that Shkotov would be left down to get a year in the AHL, but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad