Power play is a little better

Carter ain't a useless donkey

We are back home

We can't lose 2 in a row to terrible teams, right

Go Pens​

Last edited:

RSPens

May 25, 2015
A win would be nice...however lets keep in mind that the Pens are one of the best teams in the league against playoff teams. So a win in this game would be nice as far as seeding goes, but a loss would not be the end of the world either.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If they can’t win this one with no Blackwood, Smith, Zacha, Bratt, etc, then the Pens should be forced to give up their PO spot to the Rangers...
Yep, It's amazing that some posters don't believe it's all that important to win tonights game. I guess they're bad at math. We haven't clinched anything.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
A win would be nice...however lets keep in mind that the Pens are one of the best teams in the league against playoff teams. So a win in this game would be nice as far as seeding goes, but a loss would not be the end of the world either.
If you lose a game like this tonight you're asking for problems. We're still without key pieces and haven't secured a playoff spot yet. Taking any game for granted under the circumstances is kinda foolish.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
If you lose a game like this tonight you're asking for problems. We're still without key pieces and haven't secured a playoff spot yet. Taking any game for granted under the circumstances is kinda foolish.
My point is that whenever the Pens lose a game, there are people on here that need to be walked back from the edge. Yes they should win this game and they should win it handily, but if not it's not the end of the season either. It is a game against a team that has nothing to lose. The Pens have traditionally played down to their opponents. My comment was to the fact that losing to a non-playoff team doesn't really matter when you have one of the best records against playoff teams. Now if the Pens were in Philly's spot (also tied with Tampa and the Pens for most points against playoff teams), that is a whole other story. Sure the Pens haven't cinched anything yet, but the chance to not make the playoffs is basically slim to none.

Reactions: Night Shift

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Hopefully Carter can score one.

I know it's early, but it kind of sucks to see guys like Mantha, Hall, and Bennett (all guys I wouldn't have minded the Pens acquiring) producing for their new clubs already, with Carter having 1 assist in 3 games.

And yes, I'm impatient. I acknowledge this. ;)

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
My point is that whenever the Pens lose a game, there are people on here that need to be walked back from the edge. Yes they should win this game and they should win it handily, but if not it's not the end of the season either. It is a game against a team that has nothing to lose. The Pens have traditionally played down to their opponents. My comment was to the fact that losing to a non-playoff team doesn't really matter when you have one of the best records against playoff teams. Now if the Pens were in Philly's spot (also tied with Tampa and the Pens for most points against playoff teams), that is a whole other story. Sure the Pens haven't cinched anything yet, but the chance to not make the playoffs is basically slim to none.
My point is that we haven't won anything yet. And what happened to this point really doesn't matter. Again, we're missing key players, eventually that'll catch up with you. I don't think this current line up beats the Caps or the Bruins and probably not the Flyers (they'd loved to spoil things for us). So winning tonight is pretty important, like. I don't expect the Rags to loose much from here on in. We need at least five or six wins. It's doable but far from certain. A win tonight would be a big help.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Blackwood is out... now watch whoever replace him become first star of the week because we play the Devils three times in a row and for some reason struggle against no name backups. :)

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Blackwood is out... now watch whoever replace him become first star of the week because we play the Devils three times in a row and for some reason struggle against no name backups. :)
It wouldn't be the first time, or the second, or the third.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Hopefully Carter can score one.

I know it's early, but it kind of sucks to see guys like Mantha, Hall, and Bennett (all guys I wouldn't have minded the Pens acquiring) producing for their new clubs already, with Carter having 1 assist in 3 games.

And yes, I'm impatient. I acknowledge this. ;)
Meh...I think it'd be great if he had a few more points and a goal by now, but when you look at what the Pens gave up for him verses what Florida paid for Bennett (essentially 2 2nd's) and what the Caps paid for Mantha, I am happy with the current results.

Hall is another story...especially when compared to Bennett. However, the Pens would have had to do far too much cap shuffling to get him in. The shake up would not have been worth it.

I am also not too concerned about Carter's production currently. I mean, he has primarily played RW for the last 2 years, McCann was doing decent as a centre (mainly PP points though) and Zucker has basically never played RW in his career. The positions on this line just don't make any sense at all, especially when you consider that Geno is scheduled to be back before the RW Kappy. Also, I don't hate Zucker as much as most on here, but when you want a new guy to get a good start with the team, Zucker is not the guy to help.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Keep losing “these games” and they won’t make the playoffs to even have to worry about how good they are against playoff teams...

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Keep losing “these games” and they won’t make the playoffs to even have to worry about how good they are against playoff teams...
I guess you could look at it that way...but I am more concerned with the Pens road record than I am with their record against non-playoff teams.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Hall more or less exclusively wanted to go to Boston or the Isles though, right? Combined with his bigass trade clause that kinda told the story there. Not entirely fair to compare.

I admit that Carter doesn't move the needle much for me. Particularly as a big Blueger believer. But the price is fine, the idea isn't a bad one and compared to some other meathead-esque options floating around out there (SIZE!) -- it coulda been much worse.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
We have 6 more GDT's to fill for the regular season.

I'll take one in May of the 5 in that month, leaving 6 GDT's to choose from of ---> games 48 NJD/49 BOS/52 WSH/53 Flyers/54 Flyers/56 BUF

Almost there... kids. Playoffs.

I only want to do like 8, maybe 10 in a full regular season and I will have done 14 in a 56 game shorten season.

UM - 14
Clare2904 - 11
dogthateats - 7
Ginger Papa - 5 <---not even a regular
Tom Hanks - 4
Darren McCord - 2 <---Rookie
Randy Butternubs - 2
Gurgleson - 2
Handshakeline - 2

Everyone with - 1

Eightyone
Somedude
Pittsburgh1776
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I want to say "Thank You!" to everyone stepping up...! Quite a few who don't normally do them...

Just 5 more for the regular season. They are easy... take 5/10 minutes for the basic of GDT's, only asking for 1, but won't turn down more if you want to do more. GDT SIGNUPS

Last edited:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
We have 7 more GDT's to fill for the regular season.

I'll take one in May of the 5 in that month, leaving 6 GDT's to choose from of ---> games 48 NJD/49 BOS/52 WSH/53 Flyers/54 Flyers/55 BUF/56 BUF

Almost there... kids. Playoffs.

I only want to do like 8, maybe 10 in a full regular season and I will have done 14 in a 56 game shorten season.

UM - 14
Clare2904 - 11
dogthateats - 7
Ginger Papa - 5 <---not even a regular
Tom Hanks - 4
Darren McCord - 2 <---Rookie
Randy Butternubs - 2
Gurgleson - 2

Everyone with - 1

Eightyone
Somedude
Handshakeline
Pittsburgh1776
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I want to say "Thank You!" to everyone stepping up...! Quite a few who don't normally do them...

Just 6 more for the regular season. They are easy... take 5/10 minutes for the basic of GDT's, only asking for 1, but won't turn down more if you want to do more. GDT SIGNUPS

Posted in the sign up thread, but I got dibs on #55, if no one else has a prior claim.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Hall more or less exclusively wanted to go to Boston or the Isles though, right? Combined with his bigass trade clause that kinda told the story there. Not entirely fair to compare.

I admit that Carter doesn't move the needle much for me. Particularly as a big Blueger believer. But the price is fine, the idea isn't a bad one and compared to some other meathead-esque options floating around out there (SIZE!) -- it coulda been much worse.

It's just dumb that Sullivan is insisting on Carter moving to C, McCann moving to LW, and Zucker moving to RW.

That's some "Iggy to LW because we can't move Dupuis" level logic. Each of these guys can play their natural position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad