Which UFAs would you re-sign?

Which 2024-25 UFAs would you like the Flames to re-sign?

• Total voters

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
You won't let me pick six so I'm not voting since I can't make up my mind which three players I can't sign..
Besides, my picks are conditional anyways. Price and term always plays a factor in this cap era.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Kylington 100%, Backlund if you can keep him to a 2-3 year deal, and Kevin mother f***ing Rooney because I loved the signing so much the first time I just want to go back to it again.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd welcome all of them back (even Rooney), in the right circumstances. Term, dollars, how they perform this year and their role(s) moving forward are all important factors for me to decide.

For example, Rooney on a league-minimum, two-way deal to be a leader on the Wranglers? Absolutely sign me up.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I would re-sign all of them. Except Rooney, unless it is a two way league minimum contract.

The other caveat is the UFA's aren't looking for contracts that will break the bank.

They have to know that there is only so much money to go around. If they're prepared to be rich, but not crazy rich, and enjoy what our beautiful city and area has to offer, then just do it.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
A reminder that Kevin Rooney once tried to initiate a zone exit while the Flames had possession in the offensive zone.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
A reminder that Kevin Rooney once tried to initiate a zone exit while the Flames had possession in the offensive zone.
Idk how he stuck to the nhl level for so long.

Terrible at faceoffs, can’t score, awful possession metrics, etc etc. At least a mark jankowski or the likes of him could be a decent shutdown centre, but Rooney really offers nothing more then ahl depth.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Kylington. I don't really want any of our high skill guys back and It's time to tank properly. Zad and Gilbert would be alright too I guess for toughness to protect the rookies and midgets.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Backlund because I want him to retire a Flame.
Kylington, if he even plays this year and still looks like and NHLer.
Zad maybe, although I think if he has another good season he will want to test the market. Some dumbass GM will give him $5M+ with term.
Lindholm... I don't know. Just do something already Conny.

Reactions: Anglesmith

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
I picked five before I read the rules so oh well , if it's any consolation I picked Gilbert as a joke .

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I put Lindy, Tanev and Zad. I'd have put Backs as my 4th pick but honestly it doesn't sound like his heart is here anymore. Feel it's time we part ways though again I'd still try to re-sign him - one of the all time great Flames.

I wasn't huge on Kylington while he was here, felt soft and skittish. I can't imagine he'll be able to just slot back into regular play and form while actually being improved. Just don't see it.

Zad had probably his best year for us last year and was no longer the penalty threat he was in years past (the odd face palm but not nearly as bad). Solid D back there IMO.

Reactions: deleted user

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
I’m for trading them all.

I’m also for extending Backlund to finish his career, Tanev as a veteran body for the blue line and Kylington so he can resume his Hall of Fame career

Reactions: Tofveve

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Kylington has the highest potential, and would love to re-sign him. Of the rest, Lindholm, Tanev, Zad, and Backlund would be the only ones I'd go for, if it was reasonable. Zad has honestly been my third favourite D the last couple years (Rasmus and Tanev are first and second). Tanev if he's willing to accept less and primarily be a PK/third pairing guy (rather than top 4 guy), would absolutely take him back.

Reactions: Tofveve

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad