Which trio would you take, Ovechkin/Crosby/Malkin or McDavid/Lindros/Jagr?

Which trio would you take?

• Ovechkin/Crosby/Malkin

• McDavid/Lindros/Jagr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
A related poll intrigued me, but it looks like most people agree that Jagr needed better linemates. So, who would you take between these two trios? I've basically replaced the two centers on Jagr's team, with what might be perceived as a slightly stronger pair of centers.

Ovechkin/Crosby/Malkin

or

McDavid/Lindros/Jagr

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Ovechkin > McDavid
Crosby >= Lindros
Malkin =< Jagr

Still trio 1. But hf gets their pants wet over Lindros so never know.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Mcdavid obviously projects to have an amazing career, but at present he's not as good as peak Crosby (2010-14)/Malkin (11-12)/Ovechkin(07-10) yet. Lindros the weakest of the group. Still OCM clearly imo.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
If picking at peak level of performance:

OV = Jagr
Crosby > McDavid
Malkin = Lindros (Lindros' physicality is always tough to value but it makes up for Malkin's superior offense)

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Ovechkin > McDavid
Crosby >= Lindros
Malkin =< Jagr

Still trio 1. But hf gets their pants wet over Lindros so never know.

In what world is Lindros= Crosby? No offense, but that's ridiculous. Crosby is top-5 C ever and Lindros is behind Malkin. Well, Jagr is also clearly better than Malkin so I'm guessing you're going with some weird peak definition alone?

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
In what world is Lindros= Crosby? No offense, but that's ridiculous. Crosby is top-5 C ever and Lindros is behind Malkin. Well, Jagr is also clearly better than Malkin so I'm guessing you're going with some weird peak definition alone?

The other poll was for 1 RS + 1 PO, and I think it was all their peak. I'd also suspect it's some kind of projected peak of McDavid since (along with Lindros) it's meant to be a clear upgrade of Sakic/Forsberg.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
The other poll was for 1 RS + 1 PO, and I think it was all their peak. I'd also suspect it's some kind of projected peak of McDavid since (along with Lindros) it's meant to be a clear upgrade of Sakic/Forsberg.

Ahh, I somehow missed that this is related to another poll.

Fr one RS+playoffs I'd say:

OV is better than Jagr
Malkin is better than McDavid
Crosby is better than Lindros

group 1 seems pretty good pick.

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
As much as I love Jagr, you have to take 4 Smythe’s over 0.

McDavid career trajectory is at best to approach Crosby/Ovechkin/Jagr level
. Unless you give him credit for that, he doesn’t look better than a prime Malkin in the ice. Lindros is always overrated in theses kinds of polls. Sure he looks like a beast in highlights, but in reality had just a handful of years when he was on par with the guys in these polls. There is a reason it took him a decade to get into the HHOF. Everyone else in this poll is first ballot.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
I don't think one is significantly better than the other in their prime tbh.

I think this is about as even as you get.

Reactions: Thenameless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad