Line Combos: Which the best line to make the playoffs

lucic27

proposal trade
Jul 7, 2014
QUÉBEC CITY
My opinion Everything depends on the club you are play. Nine Games

Tampa (2) Nyi (1) Dallas (1) Nash (1) Chicago (1) Florida (1) Ottawa (1) Wash (1)

Marchand Bergeron Stafford

Cehlarik Kreci Pastrnak

Belesky Sponner Backes

Vatrano Moore Nash ( if Schaller ok scratch Vatrano)

Krug Mcquaid Chara Carlo Miller Miller

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Marchand bergeron backes
Cehlarik krejci pasta
Vatrano spooner hayes
Schaller moore stafford

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm fine rolling with the current strategy of Marchand-Bergeron-Backes, then bumping Pastrnak up to the Bergeron line if they need to play catch-up.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Conroy: Peter Cehlarik best bet for Bruins’ second line

The second line has looked its most dangerous — for better and worse — with rookie Peter Cehlarik as the left winger. The 21-year-old Slovakian appeared to be gaining some chemistry with Czechs David Krejci and David Pastrnak, and he possesses the size, vision and skill level that suggest he projects as a top-six forward. The B’s went 7-3 with him riding with Krejci and Pastrnak.

There were reasons for Cehlarik being sent back to Providence late last week. Cassidy noticed at times he was not hard enough on the puck. In his last game for the B’s in Vancouver, he fell down on what should have been an offensive zone faceoff win that turned into a transition goal for the Canucks. And for all his obvious skill, he still had just two assists in 11 games, with what would have been his first NHL goal taken off the board after an offside video challenge.

But for an organization that changed coaches six weeks ago in part because it wanted better integration of younger players into the lineup, it seemed like a quick hook.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...eter_cehlarik_best_bet_for_bruins_second_line

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Marchand - Bergeron - Backes

Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak

Vatrano - Spooner - Stafford

Schaller - Moore - Czarnik

Insert in Belesky for Schaller until Schaller is healthy/ready.

Chara - Kevan

Krug - Carlo

Colin - McQuaid

Time to stop force-feeding Carlo minutes. Chara has looked comfortable with Kevan in the past. Skew the offensive zone starts even further for the Krug pairing. Give Colin the stabilizing presence of McQuaid.

Run Rask the rest of the way as the Bruins have no back-2-backs left and they'll need every point.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Conroy: Peter Cehlarik best bet for Bruins’ second line...

But for an organization that changed coaches six weeks ago in part because it wanted better integration of younger players into the lineup, it seemed like a quick hook.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...eter_cehlarik_best_bet_for_bruins_second_line

I agree with Conroy about Cehlarik, and have to laugh at the bolded.

Carlo, Spooner, Miller, Vatrano... all play less under Cassidy than they did under the last guy. Czarnik and Morrow are consistently sat, even when an opportunity arose to play Morrow, Cassidy chose Liles. For all of the good that Cassidy and the coaching change has brought, "playing kids more" hasn't really been the headline.

With specific regard to lines and Cehlarik... Yeah, he made some mistakes but he also helped generate tons of scoring chances, more than Heinen or Czarnik (who was given much more time in the NHL), and he's the only guy they've tried that seems to make the Krejci-Pasta duo really dangerous 5on5. This team was at it's best in that window when he was up and on their line. I'd like to see them go back to it.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I agree with Conroy about Cehlarik, and have to laugh at the bolded.

Carlo, Spooner, Miller, Vatrano... all play less under Cassidy than they did under the last guy. Czarnik and Morrow are consistently sat, even when an opportunity arose to play Morrow, Cassidy chose Liles. For all of the good that Cassidy and the coaching change has brought, "playing kids more" hasn't really been the headline.

With specific regard to lines and Cehlarik... Yeah, he made some mistakes but he also helped generate tons of scoring chances, more than Heinen or Czarnik (who was given much more time in the NHL), and he's the only guy they've tried that seems to make the Krejci-Pasta duo really dangerous 5on5. This team was at it's best in that window when he was up and on their line. I'd like to see them go back to it.

It's amazing how many in the media and here on this board want to see Cehlarik back with 46/88, and I agree, it was the most effective compliment to that line we've seen.

Yet the coaching staff feel differently, enough so that Cehlarik can't even break the line-up.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Disappointed in Vatrano. With under 20 points playing with either Spooner or Krecji I expect more. He is most likely a slot they will look to fill if Vatrano doesn't turn it around.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Disappointed in Vatrano. With under 20 points playing with either Spooner or Krecji I expect more. He is most likely a slot they will look to fill if Vatrano doesn't turn it around.

It's no coincidence Vatrano's production has dropped playing with Spooner.

Spooner's play-making ability is over-rated IMO. While his accuracy is solid and he can move it with nice velocity when he has time and space, he doesn't really find guys in soft spots on the ice the way an elite play-maker would and the way Vatrano needs to take advantage of his shot.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I'd try Stafford on the Bergeron line. Move Backes with Spooner, didn't they have some chemistry earlier?

Marchand-Bergeron-Stafford
Cehlarik-Krejci-Pastranak
Vatrano-Spooner-Backes
Beleskey-Moore-Nash

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Bringing this back (JFK edition)

Marchand Bergeron Backes
Spooner Krejci Pastrnak
Moore Nash Accari
Beleksey JFK Stafford

I keep swapping Spooner, Beleksey and Stafford around and nothing is quite right.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I think you have two options... break JFK in on the wing on one of the top 2 lines ala Bergeron as an 18 year old. When everyone is healthy

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Stafford-Krejci-JFK
Vatrano-Spooner-Backes
Moore-Nash-Noel

or swap Pasta/JFK but that 2nd line hasn't been good and I think maybe part of this signing is to allow Butch to be able to reunite the best line in hockey.

If JFK plays center, which I think might be slightly ambitious even though he's a 200ft player, maybe you do something like:

March-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Spooner-Krejci-Backes
Vatrano-JFK-Stafford
Moore-Nash-Noel

Those are my thoughts. Obviously I don't think Skey or Hayes should see the ice again once everyone is healthy and now JFK is in the mix. I personally think I like the idea ofstarting him on the wing to add some pop/skill to the top 2 lines.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Marchand Bergeron Backes
Spooner Krejci Pasta
Vatrano JFK Stafford
Moore Nash Acciari

Schaller if healthy first guy in

Than

Chara Carlo
Krug McQuaid
Liles K Miller

KEvan is much better on the right side playing Liles allows him to stay on the right and I don't trust Colin in the D zone

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Spooner will probably be on Krejci and Pastrnak's LW with the addition of Forsbacka Karlsson.

bruins51

Jul 5, 2015
If they call up McAvoy who ends up sitting?

Logic says probably C. Miller but Mcquaid/K. Miller are kind of redundant.

Would be interesting to see

Chara - Carlo/McAvoy
Krug - McAvoy/Carlo
C. Miller - Mcquaid/K. Miller

Did anyone really expect him to score more than 20 this year? Thats basically the pace he is on he just only played 50% of the games and that time was missed due to surgery.

I didn't really expect him to crank out assists either.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Colin. He's already sat under Cassidy and easily the lowest on the totem pole of the D. He has lost almost 2 minutes of avg ToI under Cassidy and is playing 12-15 minutes a game.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Would be interesting if they change things up a little bit with adding JFK. I would love to see Pasta play with the other kids Spooner and Vatrano. Those three together would be flying and could provide a really skilled offensive line. Spooner and Pasta had great chemistry their rookie year and I don't think they have played together since. I would like to see JFK on Krejci's right along with Beleskey or Stafford. That could be a really solid two way shut down line.

Marchand-Bergeron-Backes
Beleskey/Stafford-Krejci-JFK
Vatrano-Spooner-Pastrnak
Moore-Nash-Acciari

I think we keep the d the same. I would be really surprised if McAvoy gets called up.

Chara-Carlo
Krug-McQuaid
Millers

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Spooner-Krejci-Pastrnak
Beleskey-Backes-JFK
Moore-Nash-Acciari

When Vatrano is healthy he slots in at #3 LW. Use Backes to break JFK in on the wing, try Spooner on Krejci's wing so he has two skilled players to play with, he isn't good enough on the draw or defensively to play C. Schaller/Hayes should only see playing time if there are injuries.

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
Spooner-Krejci-Pastrnak
Beleskey-Backes-JFK
Moore-Nash-Acciari

When Vatrano is healthy he slots in at #3 LW. Use Backes to break JFK in on the wing, try Spooner on Krejci's wing so he has two skilled players to play with, he isn't good enough on the draw or defensively to play C. Schaller/Hayes should only see playing time if there are injuries.

This is exactly what I want to see. But swap JFK and Backes

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If they call up McAvoy who ends up sitting?

Logic says probably C. Miller but Mcquaid/K. Miller are kind of redundant.

Would be interesting to see

Chara - Carlo/McAvoy
Krug - McAvoy/Carlo
C. Miller - Mcquaid/K. Miller

If McQuaid and K. Miller are redundant, what does that make 19 year old McAvoy and Colin? I suspect you would want to give McAvoy the 2013 playoffs Krug treatment: nothing but o-zone starts. Perhaps you could do a Colin/McAvoy offensive zone start pairing... but the only thing Kevan is worse at the Colin is puck moving. He is better in his own zone, and actually has more points in similar total minutes. Just seems obvious to me that a Kevan/McAvoy pairing would be what would happen RIGHT NOW. Something like what you have for next season seems logical.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Spooner-Krejci-Pastrnak
Beleskey-Backes-JFK
Moore-Nash-Acciari

I REALLY like what I have seen from Kuraly. I would highly consider swapping out Beleskey for him.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Assuming Vatrano is healthy soon, and JFK is winning Cassidy's trust.

Marchand-Bergeron-Backes
Spooner-Krejci-Pastarnak
Vatrano-JFK-Kuraly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad