Which teams have a legitimate reason to not be happy with the new playoff format and/or lottery?

Which teams have a legitimate reason to not be happy with the new playoff format and/or lottery?

• Total voters

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Out of those two, the Canucks.
You're a mathy enough guy.

Did the Canucks have greater odds of making the playoffs than the Jets had of missing them? Given let's say 71 games each.

I haven't done the math, because I'm inherently lazy, but a lot of things had to go a certain way for the Jets to miss the playoffs if the Preds, Wild, Flames and Canucks had caught up to them in games played, even disregarding team strength in the next 1-2 games.

I think the Canucks themselves had a greater chance, but I think the idea of "clinching" anything in this scenario is flawed.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You're a mathy enough guy.

Did the Canucks have greater odds of making the playoffs than the Jets had of missing them? Given let's say 71 games each.

I haven't done the math, because I'm inherently lazy, but a lot of things had to go a certain way for the Jets to miss the playoffs if the Preds, Wild, Flames and Canucks had caught up to them in games played, even disregarding team strength in the next 1-2 games.

I think the Canucks themselves had a greater chance, but I think the idea of "clinching" anything in this scenario is flawed.
Sure, none of them clinched, that's a very fair point.

That's why we're doing this and I'm pretty much ok with it.

Reactions: Romang67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad