Which team would you most like to play in the first round?

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Whether for an easy matchup or an entertaining one, which of these teams do you want to play in the first round? (Assuming we make the playoffs obviously.) I only included the most probable outcomes.

I'll go with the Rangers, because I think The Trade would be a compelling storyline for the series and add fuel to the fire.
HM to Montreal and Florida.
Dead last choice to Boston.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I am hoping the Rangers miss the playoffs. With Lundquist out for at least a month it is possible.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm also hoping the Rangers don't make playoffs, but I wouldn't mind seeing a first round of TBL vs NYR. It has the storyline, and Tampa really shows up to play against them.

I would be worried about playing BOS or MTL. MTL still bothers me when we play them just because of Price (he alone is the only reason Montreal impresses me) and BOS well, no explanation needed there.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I voted Montreal. Not because I think they would be easiest, but because we need to beat them and it needs to be convincing.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
You want to know what matchups I want?

I want Montreal or Boston in the first round.

I then want whichever one is left in the second round.

And I want Pittsburgh or the Rangers in the ECF.

Then I don't care who in the Final.

Not a single team actually scares me in this league in a 7 game series. I'm not saying we aren't beatable, quite the contrary. I'm just saying if this team puts together a full game they can beat anyone. And I would love our road to be through what have become hated rivals and teams that historically have given us problems. Or the Rangers in the final because beating Marty would be great.

This team fully healthy, especially if a piece is added, can beat any team in the league in 7 games if they play their game and stay disciplined. That's two big things but it's obviously possible.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We play Florida, Washington, or Detroit first round. Let Montreal take care of Boston, while the Rangers take care of Pittsburgh. We then face Montreal in the 2nd round, then the Rangers in the ECF.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
Our team is too good ..... so no need to sneak thru.

That's why I took Montreal because its starts with unfinished business.

You don't want to not play them and go to the finals and hear how it would have been different if they had to play Montreal.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Our team is too good ..... so no need to sneak thru.

That's why I took Montreal because its starts with unfinished business.

You don't want to not play them and go to the finals and hear how it would have been different if they had to play Montreal.

If we solidify our blue line, and get a better PP going, we should go deep into the playoffs.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
If we solidify our blue line, and get a better PP going, we should go deep into the playoffs.

I think you missed the point. He's saying that if Montreal doesn't make it through their first round against SOMEONE ELSE, we could still hear how things might have been different had they matched up against us. I'm with him on this one. Bring on the Habs.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
You want to know what matchups I want?

I want Montreal or Boston in the first round.

I then want whichever one is left in the second round.

And I want Pittsburgh or the Rangers in the ECF.

Then I don't care who in the Final.

Not a single team actually scares me in this league in a 7 game series. I'm not saying we aren't beatable, quite the contrary. I'm just saying if this team puts together a full game they can beat anyone. And I would love our road to be through what have become hated rivals and teams that historically have given us problems. Or the Rangers in the final because beating Marty would be great.

This team fully healthy, especially if a piece is added, can beat any team in the league in 7 games if they play their game and stay disciplined. That's two big things but it's obviously possible.

Agreed. If we play our game and stay mostly healthy, there isn't a team in the league we can't beat. 100% agree with this post.

That being said, Montreal in the first round so we can return the favor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad