Which team should be the most motivated to land Jack Eichel?

Which team should be the most motivated to land Jack Eichel?

• Total voters

kraken

Jun 30, 2021
15311980_web1_VGK-062421-41.jpeg

Reactions: TK 421

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Vegas does not have the pieces Buffalo should want vs Anaheim or LA, but yeah

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Wild

I think people are overestimating how much NYR would really need him. It doesn’t need to be him. Can always keep Zibby and trade for a solid 2C

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Vegas. Their center depth, or lack there of, was exposed in the playoffs. They will not win a Cup until they obtain a truly elite center.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Bruins IMO. They extend their window by another five year with Eichel, Pasta and McAvoy as their trio.

I think Vegas could easily find a solid # 2 C for way less.
They already have one? Where does Vegas still needs a 1C though?

Last edited:

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Bruins. Bergeron isn't getting any younger, Krejci may not even return, and Coyle would be their #2 (or even #1) in the near future, with no prospects in the pipeline that project as a top line centre. They desperately need an heir-apparent for #1 C, and soon.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
except they can’t make it work cap wise, went LA as they have the assests to land Eichel if they want him.
In the OP it says "not necessarily where you see him ending up". I agree Eichel more than likely can't end up in Vegas but a contending team like them would be put over the top with an elite 1c, so they should have the most motivation/need to make it work. LA could stick to what they're doing since they have a good rebuild going

Reactions: Xspyrit

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
LA can make the trade and still have tons of elite prospects. Plus with Eichel they can start competing and maximize Kopitar/Doughtys remaining elite years.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
In the OP it says "not necessarily where you see him ending up". I agree Eichel more than likely can't end up in Vegas but a contending team like them would be put over the top with an elite 1c, so they should have the most motivation/need to make it work. LA could stick to what they're doing since they have a good rebuild going

Sure but the title of the thread is which team should be the most motivated and Vegas is a legit SC contender year in year out already.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Vegas
Minnesota
Calgary

NYR if they really don't want to go long term with Zib, because there's no replacement for him on the horizon.
My thoughts too. I went with Minnesota. To have the kind of season they had with Ek as your best center is remarkable.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
He's going to Vegas. Add in Eichel and that's a legitimate Cup contender team. I think Eichel wants to go there and Vegas want's him there. Now they just need to fix the trade with Sabres.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad