Which team do you MOST want to see get the #1 pick? (Pick 3)

Which team do you MOST want to see get the #1 pick? (Pick 3)

• Total voters

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Jets for obvious reasons.
Carolina because they're far away in the East and won't affect us. Plus their users on HFBoards are relatively quiet.
Pantehrs because they're misspelled in the poll, and they're far away in the East and won't affect us. Plus their users on HFBoards are relatively quiet.

Reactions: TaLoN

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
:flames

Never won a draft lottery of any sort.

:coyotes

After getting ****ed over in 2015

:isles

Barzal and Lafreniere would be a great combo

Anyone voting Edmonton, Pittsburgh, or Chicago can take a hike.

I'm sure the flames fan doesn't want Edmonton winning.

I want Edmonton to win against Chicago. But if we lose, not only would this pick complete our top 6 in an epic way, the meltdown around here would be incredible

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I'm sure the flames fan doesn't want Edmonton winning.

I want Edmonton to win against Chicago. But if we lose, not only would this pick complete our top 6 in an epic way, the meltdown around here would be incredible

Im shocked that the league hasn’t made a rule where you can’t pick 1st OA consecutively and/or the amount of times you guys have. There’s a reason a lottery is in place now.

You seem pretty content with losing, even if you say you want the Oilers to win. With that I hope Chicago sweeps you. You have no business in winning 1st OA, but I know 5 years is a long time without having one. I’ll let the league know you guys miss having draft parties and need this one to truly make yourself contenders. That would make it 5 1st round picks in 11 years. FIVE. Lol.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Im shocked that the league hasn’t made a rule where you can’t pick 1st OA consecutively and/or the amount of times you guys have. There’s a reason a lottery is in place now.

You seem pretty content with losing, even if you say you want the Oilers to win. With that I hope Chicago sweeps you. You have no business in winning 1st OA, but I know 5 years is a long time without having one. I’ll let the league know you guys miss having draft parties and need this one to truly make yourself contenders. That would make it 5 1st round picks in 11 years. FIVE. Lol.

I'm so sorry for whoever ****ed in your cereal this morning

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Montreal or the Islanders.

Montreal because they're my 2nd/eastern team, and finally having that french superstar would be awesome.

Islanders because Tavares left, and it looked like they got Panarin only to see him go to the NYR.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I voted for teams that are constantly competitive without having tons of top picks on their rosters.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Montreal because they're my 2nd/eastern team, and finally having that french superstar would be awesome.
I thought that's what Jonathan Drouin was when they traded for him. I know he's not a superstar like Matthews or McDavid who were other 1st overall picks, however I'm sure part of the reason they traded for him was being a French Canadian.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
I feel like the results would be more interesting if you couldn't vote for your own team.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Only one option. No sense in picking another.

What's interesting about this though is that I'm not even sure I want us to get the 1OA, but since I don't want any other team to get it, I'm not going to pick and choose between the rest. The only benefit my team receives is based on if we get it, so it doesn't matter to me which of the other 15 teams gets 1OA, if it's not my team. If this was a year where the 1OA was McDavid, I would suggest a team in the West. For Lafreniere, if we aren't drafting him, I don't think he's good enough that I would be so against him being in the east.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018

Keep whining pal

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
My preferred destination for him would probably be the Isles. Him and Barzal could wreak some havoc.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Went with Panthers, 1) because they're in the East so my team has to deal with Lafreniere less, 2) the Panthers haven't had a lot of success lately, 3) I typically root for teams that don't have a Cup, and 4) they aren't the Leafs or Blackhawks.

As a side note, I'm glad to see that the Blackhawks are last in this poll by quite a bit.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016

Need some tissues for those tears? How is he content with losing when he said he wanted Edmonton to beat Chicago. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Montreal obviously. Best story for sure. I've been rooting for them to get him since even before covid. If there was ever a time when a franchise deserved to draft a player, it's now

Reactions: lilmaxo

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
I would say the Pens, but we’re winning the Cup again this year sooooooo ...

Don’t care. :)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think CBJ and MN deserve a break. Laffy going to MTL would a great story. Him being the best homegrown star since The Flower would do wonders for the game, and would instantly rekindle the rivalry with the B's and , possibly the Leafs.

If either EDM, TOR, Pens, or Hawks get him I'll puke. Especially EDM. Enough, already!

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Habs
Oilers
Blue Jackets

Came so close to voting Carolina. I just feel like Columbus could use Lafreniere more and he'd fit their style perfectly.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Montreal obviously. Best story for sure. I've been rooting for them to get him since even before covid. If there was ever a time when a franchise deserved to draft a player, it's now

What did they do to "deserve" a star player that Ottawa or Detroit didn't do?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Jackets
Preds
Wild

None of these teams have picked first recently, none of these teams have been "gifted" much in the lottery (except PLD to CBJ) and none of these teams have won the Cup, while all being respectable teams over the last few years.

And Yes, I'm still sour!!!! :thumbu:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I think CBJ and MN deserve a break. Laffy going to MTL would a great story. Him being the best homegrown star since The Flower would do wonders for the game, and would instantly rekindle the rivalry with the B's and , possibly the Leafs.

If either EDM, TOR, Pens, or Hawks get him I'll puke. Especially EDM.
Minnesota is a team I always forget about. I would have no problems with them winning the first pick. They're a likeable group. No one to really dislike.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad