Which team are you most looking forward to seeing the Blues play?

gumption

Jun 28, 2014
St. Louis
for me it's gotta be the avs. avs fans and blues fans just seem to have this peaking mutual hatred for each other, so i can't wait to see how the rivalry will develop. also looking forward to plying the stars and wild.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yes against Avs, jesus there is so much hate. These clips are all 5.4.2014 almost end of regular season.
Everything start this Bordeleau hit to Shattery and rest is bloody history..

Rizzo90

Nov 10, 2011
Vancouver.... didn't at all appreciate the " I really don't wanna be HERE, thanks for gettin me out of buffalo but , meh I'm not tryin" we got from Miller.... i smelled his exit from the 1st interview he did after gettin here.... can't wait to see the blues pepper his ass with a ton of goals.... don't believe me?? look at the STARK difference in the guy who arrived in st louis in interviews as opposed to the guy who just arrived in vancouver. Canucks fans had Luongo for years.... I'll bet he is gettin booed by the fans there by Christmas. & don't even go the route "oh he was shocked to leave buffalo" bullcrap.... he orchestrated his exit from there. Can't wait to see him go down in flames this season. Don't misunderstand me, I wasn't happy with Halak's achievements while here & was indifferent on his departure, but was never on the Miller bandwagon. INsincere was all I detected from Ryan Miller from day one.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
There are two easy choices for me: Avalanche and Blackhawks.

The Avs because the series last season was pretty exciting - lots of goals, hits, scrums, and it truly did develop into that of a budding rivalry that should take off even more this season. Stastny coming over to the Blues will be an interesting storyline, but keep in mind we have several other former Avs as well (Shattenkirk, Elliott, Lindstrom, Leopold and Mueller). Combine that with Roy vs. Hitchcock, the Backes/MacKinnon incident, Bordeleau and Reaves, and these games could get nasty. This should continue to be a pretty fierce and exciting rivalry between two teams with good young talent.

And the Blackhawks because we almost beat them in the playoffs while we were pretty beat up. But now we have obviously added more skill in Stastny, Lehtera, Gunnarsson, and even Lindstrom/Mueller, so our puck possession game should only get better from last year. Therefore, I am really looking forward to seeing how we match up against the Hawks' star talent this season. We will undoubtedly have to go through them at some point in the postseason, and I want to see if this roster can do it. From what I see on paper I think they can but as we know that means little.

The Avs still need to improve their defense but I see these as our two main challengers in the Central Division. Minnesota and Dallas should make the playoffs but I'm not really buying the hype on either of them just yet, and neither of them intrigue me as much as these other two when it comes to playing the Blues.

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
Vancouver.... didn't at all appreciate the " I really don't wanna be HERE, thanks for gettin me out of buffalo but , meh I'm not tryin" we got from Miller.... i smelled his exit from the 1st interview he did after gettin here.... can't wait to see the blues pepper his ass with a ton of goals.... don't believe me?? look at the STARK difference in the guy who arrived in st louis in interviews as opposed to the guy who just arrived in vancouver. Canucks fans had Luongo for years.... I'll bet he is gettin booed by the fans there by Christmas. & don't even go the route "oh he was shocked to leave buffalo" bullcrap.... he orchestrated his exit from there. Can't wait to see him go down in flames this season. Don't misunderstand me, I wasn't happy with Halak's achievements while here & was indifferent on his departure, but was never on the Miller bandwagon. INsincere was all I detected from Ryan Miller from day one.

Just about every team can't wait to play the Canucks because nobody likes them tbh

gumption

Jun 28, 2014
St. Louis
along with the mention of gunnarsson, i am looking forward to seeing the blues play the leafs. gunnar said the hardest team to play against was st. louis.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
Hawks and Kings, but mostly come the playoffs, more interested in their mental toughness in a seven game series.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Aside from division rivals I always look forward to when we play the penguins. Always seem to be really entertaining games and it seems like we usually get the better of them.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Avs because of the rivalry and Ducks because of how close the two teams are in terms of build and skill.
Ducks are a pretty good choice. I too am looking forward to seeing how we match up against the other top teams in the West with Stastny and Backes at center now.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Chicago. Great playoff series and Backes revenge.

Duncan Keith's cruel celebration of Backes's concussion with the "Wakey Wakey Backes" line needs to be revenged.

Black & Blue Chuck Norris Division Rematch #992!!!

And I'm sorry, but, that playoff series sucked!!! It took me a good two weeks to get over it! Miller's little pathetic PeeWee shot that he let in still hurts!

erderuft

Jun 28, 2011
Borås, Sweden
Chicago, all the way. Although we played them fairly good last season, we have alot to prove. If we want to be recognized as a top team, we have to prove ourselves against the best. IMO, that's Chicago.

Really hope we do good in our division. Toughest in the league.

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
Chicago, all the way. Although we played them fairly good last season, we have alot to prove. If we want to be recognized as a top team, we have to prove ourselves against the best. IMO, that's Chicago.

Really hope we do good in our division. Toughest in the league.

LA.....?

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
Avs and Hawks. Blues vs Hawks is as intense as it gets.. and the Avs games are getting to that point. Plus it will be cool to see Stastny (and maybe Mueller) go against them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad