Which streaming service produces the best content?

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
I'm into international and art house films so my big three are Criterion Channel, Mubi, and Kanopy (the latter which is free from my library). I like them because they're small and well curated rather than algorithmic because of having too much content; Mubi for example releases just one new movie everyday onto the service as their "movie of the day" with some supplementary material and I find it a better way to discover movies than other services which just push crappy original content at me.

I also use Crave a lot since it has a lot of HBO series on it. And then Netflix, Prime, and Disney+ are all fairly interchangeable for me, not huge on any of those, but they occasionally release stuff I'm interested in.

For context, I live in Canada, I've heard Crave is a lot like HBO Max

Last edited:
Reactions: Spring in Fialta

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Crave is awesome, but Netflix is still King, IMO. They have too many good original shows.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Most Netflix originals are horrible. As much controversy as the Dave Chappelle special garnered (which by the way I literally didn't laugh once watching it) Netflix is probably the most "diverse" streaming service and I dont mean that in a good way. They basically greenlight pure garbage just because it has a minority cast or has some social justice message. Netflix is as successful as it is out of pure inertia and the occasional viral hit. Their library sucks. Amazon and Disney are better overall. Can't comment on Crave since Ive never tried it once.

And I say all this as someone who only has netflix. I'm as guilty of being a part of that inertia as anybody.

Reactions: Voight

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
HBO has the highest quality shows I think. Netflix is 99% garbage and they have a few shows that are okay but if I never saw again I wouldn't care. I've thought about canceling that subscription multiple times.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Prime has got some pretty good stuff. Crave is decent. But Netflix is still my top streaming service. At least for now. They continue to lose so many quality shows constantly, so in s few years that could change.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
HBO AINEC

Netflix lives and dies off of one or two hits per year, "Tiger King", "Squid Game", etc...and they've got about 1000 movies and shows that are crap. All filler no killer if you know what i'm sayin'

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Disney+ has the highest quality shows.. but there's just not enough original content yet.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I hold onto HBO and Netflix. HBO for quality, Netflix for quantity. Other streaming services I cancel on and off

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
In terms of content, in Canada (not counting how well their apps function or price)

Crave (you need the hbo addon tho)
Amazon (lots of channel options as well)
Disney+

Netflix

Apple Tv
Paramount+

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad