Which sports team is King in your city?

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Was thinking how if the Indians win the series it will mean a lot more than the Cavs win in Cleveland.

What sports team is the King in your city? I would say the Red Sox are for Boston. The Leafs for Toronto.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
It's tough to compare, as two fanbases in Chicago (Bears and Sox) are super depressed while two fanbases (Hawks and especially Cubs now) are incredibly high in the sky.

If all things were equally good or bad in Chicago, I'd venture that this would be the ranking:

Bears
Cubs
Bulls
Hawks
Sox

Last edited:

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
well, I'm from Miami but I just moved to Seattle, and it's basically Seahawks all over in your face wherever you look 24/7 to the point that it's frankly annoying, nothing even comes close. Then the Sounders soccer and then Mariners I would say.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Oilers, and it sucks especially after 10 years of watching these guys play like they've never held a hockey stick in their life its still Oilers.

I wish Eskimos would get more recognition but they're just not as popular as the Oilers.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Oilers, and it sucks especially after 10 years of watching these guys play like they've never held a hockey stick in their life its still Oilers.

I wish Eskimos would get more recognition but they're just not as popular as the Oilers.

Same in Vancouver, although we have Whitecaps FC in between the NHL and CFL. Of the three though, the BC Lions were the most entertaining in 2016. Unfortunately the owner and business operations side are so disconnected with the fan base and community that it's no surprise to see so few butts in the seats.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Hard to judge when you have absolutely horrible teams.
I'd say it's this at the moment:

Vikings

Wild
Twins

Wolves

If each team was at their peak, I think it would look like this:

Vikings
Twins
Wild
Wolves

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Same in Vancouver, although we have Whitecaps FC in between the NHL and CFL. Of the three though, the BC Lions were the most entertaining in 2016. Unfortunately the owner and business operations side are so disconnected with the fan base and community that it's no surprise to see so few butts in the seats.

Yeah, the Lions just seem off the radar right now. I remember how much of a buzz the Lions could produce especially in the Casey printers/Dickinson era. It was nothing like the Canucks, but you knew they were around.

Maybe the whitecaps have put in a dent since they joined mls. I tend to see/hear alot more about them.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Of course they aren't it's the CFL

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, the Lions just seem off the radar right now. I remember how much of a buzz the Lions could produce especially in the Casey printers/Dickinson era. It was nothing like the Canucks, but you knew they were around.

Maybe the whitecaps have put in a dent since they joined mls. I tend to see/hear alot more about them.

Maybe with casual fans. End of the day it's all about marketing and promoting. Whitecaps are great at it, Lions don't know what it is.

Blainer114*

Maverick
Jun 8, 2016
Toronto
Leafs
Blue Jays

Raptors

TFC
Marlies

Argos
Rock

With the Jays recent success they're def a close second to the leafs, even raptors popularity has skyrocketed the past few years. TFC just made the final so they're up there. Marlies are there and then argos used to be very popular in the 90's but have dropped off but with their move to bmo, tailgates and really good marketing they're gaining some fans. I rarely hear anything about the rock anymore and not sure games are still televised

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Tie between Duke and UNC in College Basketball.
Nothing else compares.

In Boone? Really? Or are you talking about another city?

Charlotte it's the Panthers. Used to be the Hornets when they were the only game in town.

I would put it like this.

1.Panthers
2. Collegiate sports (way too many fan bases here to pick, for example no one here who loves Duke basketball cares for the Football team, ditto Clemson Football fans w/ Basketball)
3. Hornets
(Gap)
4.Nascar
(Gap)
5. Baseball (Braves and minor league Knights)
(Gap)
6. Hockey.
7. Everything else. Most people here forget we have not one but two soccer teams, and a LaCrosse team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad