Speculation: Which skater will Fletcher add to the Flyers active roster first?

Which skater will Fletcher add to the Flyers active roster first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
With Welinski almost ready to come off IR, what player do you think will be added to Flyers active roster first?

Welinski is an option because they could just keep him as the 8th dman rather than putting him on waivers.

Andreoff, Andy
Aube-Kubel, Nicolas
Farabee, Joel
Friedman, Mark
Frost, Morgan
Gabriel. Kurtis
Kase, David
Myers, Phil
Patrick, Nolan
Rubtsov, German
Stewart, Chris
Vorobyev, Misha
Welinski, Andy

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Very interesting question.

Pessimism says someone like Stewart, or Gabriel.

Optimism says Farabee.

But I think it's NP, as he's garunteed a spot pending his health. Rubstov if Twar or Bunny get hurt and need a replacement prior to NP return.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think they will take an extra forward out west, but I'm nor sure who.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Patrick if he's healthy, but that's a "who knows" item.

Rubtsov before Frost or Farabee b/c he has a NHL body and just has to show he's up to speed.
He's got the skills to fit in at 4C and could handle 3C or LW if needed.
It's easier for a full sized player with good defensive instincts to immediately contribute on the bottom six.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I say frost. That third line is going to feast on easier matchups with Hayes and coots taking other teams top lines. They need a pivot who can orchestrate offense and frost is that guy.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
lol @Captain Dave Poulin Great minds think alike. Demented minds think alike too.

source.gif

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Those NBA guys need to learn that when it comes to China, they need to keep their mouths shut and their bedroom doors open, amirite?

Daryl Morey opened up a can of worms that the Nba does not know how to close. Continue talking about it and you lose the most promising emerging market that you have delicately built over the past couple decades. Continue to not talk about it and you get ripped by the american press, and come across as an organization that censors free speech. I wish the preseason lasted 8 months to see how this story develops.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
At this point I have no idea.

They screwed things up that nobody thought was possible, so who knows if they'll continue that or learn their lesson.

Optimistically, I'd say Farabee, but I also thought Hagg was done here so... Stewart?

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Of course a divisional rival wants the Flyers to sign him. 30 teams want the Flyers to sign him; I just hope the 31st decides not to. :p:

If I member correctly Chris reached out huge to Simmer after the London racial incident years ago. That comment was prob more out of respect for Chris as a fellow African American NHL player then what Simmer actually thinks is best for the Flyers.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I want to say Farabee since he was with the team the longest. But if AV plans on keeping the lines the same, then that doesn't make sense. They could recall a healthy scratch.

Going off the board and say Andreoff.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
  • Farabee recalled to play on the 3rd line.
  • Twarynski bumped down to the 4th line.
  • Bunnaman scratched (based on TOI he is lowest man on totem)

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
I say frost. That third line is going to feast on easier matchups with Hayes and coots taking other teams top lines. They need a pivot who can orchestrate offense and frost is that guy.
Would be best move if Patrick isn't ready. Gut says Stewart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad