Which second round match-up is most enticing?

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
1. TBL vs TOR - goals galore
2. PHI vs TOR - same but a tad less
3. VAN vs STL - interesting to me, styles are a neat contrast

Bottom 3

3. VGK vs CHI - over fast, boring to me
2. DAL vs CGY - not a lot of goals here
1. VGK vs ARI - a slaughter with not a lot of offense

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Chicago - Colorado would be feisty. Already fought multiple times in the reg season, division rivals and we don't like each other that much.

Reactions: CanuckCity

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
Nothing in the East stands out for me. I think there'll be a few good series regardless. Tampa Bay playing the winner of TOR/CBJ would probably be my pick.

In the West, I hope Colorado can beat Vegas today as COL/CHI would be a fun series. Mainly I'd just like to see the Coyotes and Knights have a playoff series to try and build a rivalry there. Maybe Vegas would run over them but if Arizona manages to start well that should be a great watch.

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Tampa vs Toronto because both teams can score and from what I've seen in games between the two Toronto seem to match up ok with TB.

Reactions: Love

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Boston vs Carolina
Tampa vs Toronto

Colorado vs Chicago
Dallas vs Vancouver

These four potential series would have the best potential for hockey that is both entertaining and with chances for upsets. Columbus over Tampa would be an upset but it wouldn't be entertaining at all.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
Well, if you're old enough, Toronto and Philadelphia had a number of ugly playoff series in the 70s. :)

Personally, if Toronto makes it, I'd kind of like to see them play Tampa Bay since the two teams have never met in the playoffs. Also, Tampa Bay was their likely first round opponent had the pandemic not paused the season.

That being said, Toronto still needs to make it past Columbus. And that will not be easy.
You don't even have to go back that far, there were some very feisty playoff series between PHI and TOR in the early 2000s

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Dallas badly need a win so need to play hard vs St Louis to re-establish its forecheck, score some damn goals and get a win to inject some confidence and shake this 9 game losing streak...so if they can do that would give them a match up vs the flames..

But, as a Stars fan i like the prospect of a first round matchup between Dallas and Vancouver. It would be an even series and would continue the fun debate about who the leagues best young defenseman is with a matchup between two of them in Heiskanen and Hughes.

Without a ton of marketibility from the current matchups, a young stud matchup focused around Heiskanen vs Hughes would be exciting.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Dallas badly need a win so need to play hard vs St Louis to re-establish its forecheck, score some damn goals and get a win to inject some confidence and shake this 9 game losing streak...so if they can do that would give them a match up vs the flames..

But, as a Stars fan i like the prospect of a first round matchup between Dallas and Vancouver. It would be an even series and would continue the fun debate about who the leagues best young defenseman is with a matchup between two of them in Heiskanen and Hughes.

Without a ton of marketibility from the current matchups, a young stud matchup focused around Heiskanen vs Hughes would be exciting.
I just had a flashback to Turco vs Luongo. That OT game went on forever!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad