Prospect Info: Which prospects do you think will be risers in next years prospect poll?

Who will rise for next years prospect rankings?

• Pavel Mintyukov

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Olen Zellweger

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Lukas Dostal

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Tristan Luneau

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Jackson Lacombe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyson Hinds

• Nathan Gaucher

• Sasha Pastujov

• Nico Myatovic

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Connor Hvidston

• Drew Helleson

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ian Moore

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Jacob Perreault

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Noah Warren

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Nikita Nesterenko

• Pavol Regenda

• Benoit Olivier Groulx

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Calle Clang

• Brayden Tracey

• Carey Terrance

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Damian Clara

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Yegor Sidorov

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Coulson Pitre

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Sam Colangelo

• Kyle Kukkonen

• Rodwin Dionicio

• Vojtech Port

• Gage Alexander

• Vyacheslav Buteyets

• Michael Callow

• Konnor Smith

• Ben King

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
2023 Ducks Prospect Rankings:

1. C - Leo Carlsson (2023 draftee)
2. D - Pavel Mintyukov (no change)
3. D - Olen Zellweger (no change)
4. G - Lukas Dostal (no change)
5. D - Tristan Luneau (+9)
6. D - Jackson LaCombe (+4)
7. D - Tyson Hinds (+13)
8. C - Nathan Gaucher (-1)
9. RW - Sasha Pastujov (no change)
10. LW - Nico Myatovic (2023 draftee)
11. LW - Connor Hvidston (2022 HM)
12. D - Drew Helleson (-1)
13. D - Ian Moore (+5)
14. RW - Jacob Perreault (-9)
15. D - Noah Warren (-2)
16. LW - Nikita Nesterenko (2023 acquired)
17. LW - Pavol Regenda (+7)
18. C - Benoit-Olivier Groulx (+1)
19. G - Calle Clang (-4)
20. LW - Brayden Tracey (-8)
21. C - Carey Terrance (2023 draftee)
22. G - Damian Clara (2023 draftee)
23. RW - Yegor Sidorov (2023 draftee)
24. RW - Coulson Pitre (2023 draftee)
25. RW - Sam Colangelo (-8)

Honorable Mentions: C - Kyle Kukkonen, D - Rodwin Dionicio, D - Vojtech Port, G - Gage Alexander, G - Vyacheslav Buteyets
I’ve given 5 slots to use for who everyone thinks will be risers by next years prospect poll. I figured it would be interesting to see who everyone thinks is in for good development.

The first name on my list will be Vyacheslav Buteyets. I think Buteyets has flown under the radar, however it seems this year he will get some KHL time in all likelihood, and maybe even AHL time if we are lucky, and I think that will draw a lot more attention to him.

Vojtech Port is due for a breakout. His team last year was very bad. This year he will hopefully be on a team that gives him a bit more to work with. He has the skill, now he has familiarity with NA ice, and hopefully some better teammates and that could do wonders.

Carey Terrance is a somewhat similar situation, I think in general a lot of 2023 guys were kinda unjustly relegated to the 20s and he is chief among them. His speed and instinct will flourish with more support.

I think Noah Warren could move up as well with a new team that should be contenders again, and I think if he makes the WJC team he could become a very important piece of it, similar to what hinds did this year.

Lastly, Michael Callow should have a decent opportunity given to him at Harvard, they lost a lot of their top guys and he could likely fill in and put together an decent season to boost his stock.

Last edited:

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
Based on what I saw when I attended the prospect camp, I wouldn't be surprised if Sidorov starts going up the prospects ranks by this time next season. I really like his energy, could be a Cogliano type in the future.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Kukkonen port Dionicio Pitre and moore
Hm myatovic

But realistically you could say all of this years prospects…. A lot of them most of us didn’t know or hadn’t watched…. Now that they are ducks prospects we’ll watch them more and start hyping them more.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think Perreault either makes a huge jump or is dead to us.
I tend to lean towards he'll bounce back because I think it was more the team and new coach fatigue, believe he's on his 4th coach in the AHL already. His first AHL time was before Bouchard, then Bouchard, then his replacement last year and now a new coach again.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Dineen-->Bouchard-->Sommer-->McIlvane

Gonna wonder how big a difference there is between Sommer and McIlvane as the assistant coaches all remain the same. I do think the assistant coaches were selected for McIlvane, but something prevented McIlvane from being the Gulls head coach last year. (I couldn't find the source that I read it from that McIlvane couldn't come over this year.) One of the assistant coaches, Kris Sparre, was an assistant coach for McIlvane before.

McIlvane to San Diego was the worst kept secret. Here's German article published on Feb 25, 2023.

Before McIlvane was hired, it was much easier to find the sources to make all the connections.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Graduates: C Groulx and D LaCombe

Risers:

LD Hinds - The transition from CHL to AHL is seemless. What I do wonder about is if he's being developed as a LD or RD. We currently have no RD depth beyond Helleson at the AHL level.

RD Moore - Moore will be a team captain and be 1D for Harvard going into this season. If he can output 25 - 30 points, then he will make another huge jump. A 30 point production would push him into top-15 defensemen scoring in the NCAA.

LW Hvidston and LW Myatovic - Both are shutdown defenders whose offense sprung to life last season in the WHL. Separated by three months by birth, Hvidston was drafted in 2022 and Myatovic was drafted in 2023. Their trajectory of improvement looks very similar. If they both can continue to improve their offense, then I expect them to rise.

LW Tracey - His AHL career has been up and down. Last year, I think we has miscasted on what type of player he is, often playing as a 3rd liner and trying to be the pest for the team. He works well with offensively talented players like Perreault, but was rarely paired together last year, as denoted by Defend the Nest site. The forward additions of Pastujov, Gaucher, King (hopefully), and Carlsson (hopefully), should improve Tracey's chances of playing with choice talented offensive forwards.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
A poll about polls! We need this summer to end.

475b6c1048fdd2f59d83b646d39ea3c5.gif

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Pitre will be top 15 and maybe even too 12 by next summer
Agreed, I think him and port will move up the most(# wise)

Moore and myatovic will move up the most quality spots. Could see both guys on that 5-8 spot.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
It's funny, most teams have shiny new toy syndrome and over rate their prospects. Ducks prospects might have the opposite because of how many guys had monster/breakout/surprise seasons this year and not going with the consensus pick might lead to several being underrated. It'll be interesting seeing how some of the non top tier prospects do. It seemed like the scouting team was trying to build around their core with certain style of players instead of the individual best player, so these are picks that might take years to see their full value if they make the big club in several years.

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad