Which prospect would you protect in a draft

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Stolen form the mains but I thought it was an interesting question.

If you could save one prospect only in an expansion draft who would it be?

Just trying to get an overall view on which prospect right now you'd keep.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Stolen form the mains but I thought it was an interesting question.

If you could save one prospect only in an expansion draft who would it be?

Just trying to get an overall view on which prospect right now you'd keep.
Wennberg is no longer a prospect, and hopefully by the time the draft occurs neither will Dano, so taking that into consideration i vote for Bjorkstrand. His overall game, two play, leadership abilities and drive to be successful put him over Milano IMO.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Wennberg is no longer a prospect, and hopefully by the time the draft occurs neither will Dano, so taking that into consideration i vote for Bjorkstrand. His overall game, two play, leadership abilities and drive to be successful put him over Milano IMO.

Then why the eff does HF include him as our #1? But as always thanks for playing. :laugh:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Then why the eff does HF include him as our #1? But as always thanks for playing. :laugh:

I stopped putting much faith in what HF had to say awhile ago. By the end of the season he'll have close to what 70 games?

Edit : if he plays in every remaining game he will have exactly 70 games, meaning he will no longer be a prospect.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008

If you can't find and exploit loopholes, what's the point in living?

There's only correct answer anyway. Protect one, trade the other three around the league in exchange for some type of considerations. They protect the prospects, then send them back shortly after the expansion draft is over.

Of course, this ignores the fact that:
- Prospects don't need to be protected in an expansion draft
- Such transaction were not allowed in the old waiver draft, but
- There's no CBA mechanism for the expansion draft as it is, so this could work anyway

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Painful exercise for the Jackets.. we have a lot of good prospects but no star prospect. If I had to pick one to protect it'd be Dano, he's just shown the most so far, and there's still a fair bit of uncertainty about each of the other three. Thank goodness there's nothing realistic about losing prospects in an expansion draft.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Painful exercise for the Jackets.. we have a lot of good prospects but no star prospect. If I had to pick one to protect it'd be Dano, he's just shown the most so far, and there's still a fair bit of uncertainty about each of the other three. Thank goodness there's nothing realistic about losing prospects in an expansion draft.

I picked Dano too.... raw skill, he's going to be a good one.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I picked Milano just because I see a patrick sharp like type player in him. But Dano has been great this year.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
well im glad to see everyone is on the Dano hype train when ive been for awhile :sarcasm:
I'll go with a swing for the fences and vote Bjorkstrand. Yeah its the sexy choice with his numbers but it's how he came to those numbers. I saw him live a couple times when he 1st came to the WHL and he's not the same guy. Probably my favorite thing about him is the same thing as Jenner, he'll work as hard as possible to fix the areas of his game that need fixing. It's also impressive that his numbers got even better meanwhile his team got worse and most noticeably Petans numbers have declined. The biggest question with Bjorkstrand of course is his weight but if he can even get to 185 that would be huge for him.

EDIT: and why are people picking the poll apart? If you dont like the question or choices then go make one, its just a fun simple question dont over analyze :)

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Wennberg isn't even a prospect. Seems an odd way of asking who you think your most valuable prospect is since we can protect far more than that in an expansion draft. It's not even an exercise in what we would think the franchise would do during an expansion draft next season.

How about this - Clarkson wouldn't be protected.. :p

Having said that, only 4 choices, no goalie and no defense? Pretty limiting.

As far as the Dano comment in the previous post, I've been excited since the moment we drafted him. I commented on it close to draft day at the time.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Wennberg isn't even a prospect. Seems an odd way of asking who you think your most valuable prospect is since we can protect far more than that in an expansion draft. It's not even an exercise in what we would think the franchise would do during an expansion draft next season.

How about this - Clarkson wouldn't be protected.. :p

Having said that, only 4 choices, no goalie and no defense? Pretty limiting.

As far as the Dano comment in the previous post, I've been excited since the moment we drafted him. I commented on it close to draft day at the time.

Have you ever considered a career as a movie critic? I think you'd be very good at it.

And while you seem to be a bright guy you don't always grasp the key concept. The guys I listed are who I believe most here consider our top 4 prospects that's why they are here. Capice? I guess, looking back I should have included Heatherington I'm sure he would have garnered a lot of votes.

Wennberg is still a prospect by HF standards. I think they just listed him as our #1. Maybe you should email them and tell them they are wrong.

And finally the reason for the poll was to quantify who people value most or guess will be the top guy down the road. Purely a FUN exercise for those that want to play. And in a way I guess it was fun for you. Thanks for participating.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Is this based on the untouchables thread? If so, they were allowing anyone U-23 to be protected as a prospect. Like how Viqsi protected Joey so she could pick Foligno as our forward :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad