Which 'project' player is going to have the greatest impact this season?

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
DSP's in a different category as the two others... There isn't that huge gap between expectations and play on the ice like Kassian and Semin.

Maybe Kassian or Semin will respond to playing for a coach like Therrien? Maybe the fact it's a make or break season for both?

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I voted Kassian, but I think it is a coin toss with Semin, it just the fact that Semin a need a rebound and Kassian need a break out season... To me DSP is a bottom 6 player so what ever is impact is it will be less than a top 6 player.

Last edited:

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I voted Semin, but it depends what you mean by impact. Semin could balance out our acting, but he could repeat last season. Kassian could finally realize his potential, and become a power forward with soft hands on a regular basis. DSP could come in in top shape and have a season reminiscent of a few years back with the Ducks. If all three happen, we are a serious playoff contender, and so all of them are having their own unique impact. Even if only 2 take that step, we are a serious contender, but which of those two it would be is anyone's guess. But, if only one of them made it, which would be the most likely, while being the most beneficial to the team? Semin.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I really have high hopes for Kassian and I still think Smith-Pelley can become an interesting asset, but I think Semin will bounce back big time this year!

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Habs depth at wing positions is enviable to say the least, which means the competition for starting jobs will be fierce. Semin will find that he won't be expected to carry the offence unlike other teams, the Habs having a great defensive team,(having Carey Price in nets certainly gives offensive players great backup) his playmaking offensive abilities will be greatly appreciated. Players like Plekanec & Pacioretty that play sound defensively while still creating offence, will find more room with a threat like Semin on their line.(5 on 5 play should see them controlling the flow of the game) That will create more offence throughout the lineup, as teams focus on stopping these players, others will have easier competition to play against. Just as Crosby/Malkin and other prolific offensive players always draw the opponents best defenders, so too will our best. It surely would be great to have Kassian find his game in our top six also, while DSP lining up with JDLR & Eller could become a great 3rd line, controlling their 5 on 5 play, giving the Habs a possession team finally, one that can dictate the flow of the game throughout their lineup. While having a very good veteran defensive group, with the young legs of Beaulieu, Pateryn & Tinordi breaking into the rotation, with Price & Tokarski being possibly the best goalie tandem in the NHL. Things are looking very good indeed for the Habs to show strength offensively, with 5 very good prospects trying to break into the lineup also.(Hudon, Andrighetto, Thomas, Scherbak & Big Mac Attack) Teams will find that the 2nd overall NHL Habs last year are even stronger this year,IMHO.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad