Which 'project' player is going to have the greatest impact this season?

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Disregarding age and development, I'm focusing solely on circumstances here. The word 'project' in this context refers to a player who has not lived up to expectations on a former team and is looking for a fresh start with his new team this season. You could argue that we've acquired 3 players that fit this description within the last couple of months:

DSP
Kassian
Semin

My question is: which one out of the three (or two, or maybe even all three) do you feel has the most realistic chance of stepping up and having a real impact on the roster next year?

PricePkPatch*

Kassian.

Big, skilled winger? He will find himself part of the Habs.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Voted Kassian.

Because of his age/potential, contract situation(term/status, money).

Semin is an intresting choice but I can't see the Habs inking him longterm even if he does have a decent season. To me, this feels like a rental for the year. He is better suited for short term contracts. Maybe if we can keep signing him to 1-2yr terms if he performs well then I would call it a project.

PricePkPatch*

Voted Kassian.

Because of his age/potential, contract situation(term/status, money).

Semin is an intresting choice but I can't see the Habs inking him longterm even if he does have a decent season. To me, this feels like a rental for the year. He is better suited for short term contracts. Maybe if we can keep signing him to 1-2yr terms if he performs well then I would call it a project.

Dude. The question was "who will have the greatest impact this season

Pay attention.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
My bad... Havent had my coffee yet :laugh:

I was already looking ahead! But to me the word project goes beyond 1 season.

Semin and Kassian are unpredictable players. Semin's done more in the past so we've seen what he can do (although I still think at 31 and with the NHL drastically getting younger and faster what he's done in the past is of little significance). But Kassian has a much longer career ahead of him, so I hope he can find his game. I don't see him being a Lucic, Bertuzzi, or Neely. But being a perennial 20 goal scorer who's good in all three zones would be great.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
We seem to have a lot more players with 'potential' this season....by that I mean players who haven't quite lived up to expectation recently, who may be ready to break out.

It's very exciting.

PricePkPatch*

My bad... Havent had my coffee yet :laugh:

I was already looking ahead! But to me the word project goes beyond 1 season.

Now i feel like an ass for being a bit rude.

Man.. I am so much not used to see admit they were wrong. Sorry buds!

And yes. Long-term, Kassian is above all other projects.

For the record, i consider Gakchenyuk still a "project" too.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Semin will score 20+ on Galchenyuk's wing.

We might even see a "Russian" line at some point of Scherbak-Galchenyuk-Semin, would love to see that

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Semin AINEC.

If he can get back to 80% of his former self and be a treat on the left side to get the PP going he can easily have to biggest impact.

Kassian has some upside but nowhere near Semin's IMO and if they can both play to their potential, we could be a VERY dangerous team come Cup time.

Patches Plex Kassian
Semin Chucky Gally
DD Eller DSP
DLR Mitchell Weise

That's a good looking line up right there. If we can move DD and bring in a rookie who impresses at camp or another good 3rd liner, this has all the making of a very good team.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Semin definitely has the most talent of the bunch, I think he's going to have a big impact. Kassian I'll hope for the best on. DSP I don't have a whole lot of faith in him becoming anymore than a 3rd liner.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I cheated and voted for both Kassian and Semin. I think they will both impact the team but in very different ways so I did not know who to vote for.

Kassian will be fantastic at driving the puck possessive numbers up. I can see him and Eller being insanely frustrating to play against since they are both so good at keeping other teams hemmed in their zone. Imagine still having Sekac on that line...

Semin I think will do exactly what he is supposed to do. Put the puck in the net. I don't think we will see caps numbers but I can see him potting 20 goals. For me, that is good enough.

Capitaine Subban*

Semin AINEC.

If he can get back to 80% of his former self and be a treat on the left side to get the PP going he can easily have to biggest impact.

Kassian has some upside but nowhere near Semin's IMO and if they can both play to their potential, we could be a VERY dangerous team come Cup time.

Patches Plex Kassian
Semin Chucky Gally
DD Eller DSP
DLR Mitchell Weise

That's a good looking line up right there. If we can move DD and bring in a rookie who impresses at camp or another good 3rd liner, this has all the making of a very good team.

Pretty much this.
He will have more chance to shine and what nobody have talk alot about is he will be on the ice with PK&Markov that alone will help him alot.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...if he's put in a position to succeed, Semin will have the most impact...both Patches and Semin are underrated defensively, which would aide Galchenyuk at centre and said line would be ridiculously fun to watch offensively...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
...if he's put in a position to succeed, Semin will have the most impact...both Patches and Semin are underrated defensively, which would aide Galchenyuk at centre and said line would be ridiculously fun to watch offensively...

How about All of the above.
Banner Year ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad