Speculation: Which points pace is the most substainable?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
We are now into the second quarter of the season and it's now fair to make points projections for a 82 games season.

Among those players, which pace do you is the most substainable?

Shaw 0.54 pts / game = 44 points into a full season
Markov 0.7 pts / game = 58 points into a full season
Danault 0.42 pts / game = 35 points into a full season

And which of those players are the most likely to reach 20 goals, given their current scoring pace?

Byron 0.3 goals / game = 26 goals into a full season
Mitchell 0.25 goals / game = 21 goals into a full season

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
The only one that is a bit much is Mitchell and maybe shaw. I think everything else is pretty reasonable. Above expectations yes but completely reasonable. Markov has been super steady offensively, it's not his offence we would have to be worried about with him.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Shaw's PPG is around where he's been career-wise so that seems likely. It's not unreasonable to think Danault could reach 35pts either, but he's not far from being a rookie do it's harder to gauge what exactly we have in him. I had my doubts about him after the first few games of the season but those are long gone, he's been so good... his work down low on Lehkonen's goal is fantastic. Markov's definitely produced at that level but I think most would be surprised if he reached 58pts, 45-50pts is where I see him ending up.

Byron is more likely than Mitchell to reach 20 goals simply because he's more likely to get top-6 ice time when needed. Mitchell will always get more defensive assignments.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Since the lockout Shaw has put up 99 pts or 33 on average. But he's 25 so he's just starting to enter his prime years. He's never broken 40 pts but perhaps this is the year he does it.

Danault it's his first full season in the NHL, hard to say just what he is for us just yet. Certainly looking like over the next few years he could turn into a really solid player for us.

Since the lockout, Markov has averaged 46 pts. He's playing less as well so not sure he can keep up that pace although the improved PP will help his numbers.

I know that around the start of the season they said during one game on sportsnet that they asked most of the hab players who the most underrated player on the team was and they all said Byron. I could see him scoring 20 this year.

Mitchell's coming off a career year where he had 11 goals (his highest total in the NHL) but injuries have always been a problem for him. here's the number of games he's played each year,

45 - lockout
missed entire season, played 2 games in the AHL
82 - rookie year

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
make a poll for it

Out of those options I'd say the Danault one is the most sustainable and likely to happen.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Danault for sure and maybe Shaw too, since he tends to play the PP with Radulov, as the net front presence.

I don't see either Byron or Mitchell getting to 20 goals. Of the 2, I expect Byron to come closest.

Markov probably tops off 48-50 pts.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
We are now into the second quarter of the season and it's now fair to make points projections for a 82 games season.

And which of those players are the most likely to reach 20 goals, given their current scoring pace?

One month later Danault is now producing points at a 0.57 PPG rate

Byron is keeping the same rhythm at 0.3 goal / game

And Mitchell production fell off a bit

Shaw, Markov were injured for most of the month

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

was looking for something else and found this so I thought it would be an interesting bump.

Shaw ended up with 29 in 68 but was on pace for 35 (.43) which was right about where he was last year (34 pts)

Markov finished with 36 in 62 but was on pace for 48 which would have been 4 pts better then the previous year.

Danault had a breakout year with 40 in 82 and was the only Hab to play in every game.

Byron ended up with 22 goals, so he slowed down a little but to be expected.

Mitchell went on to score 1 goal in the final 51 games of the season after getting 7 goals in the first 27 games.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
was looking for something else and found this so I thought it would be an interesting bump.

Shaw ended up with 29 in 68 but was on pace for 35 (.43) which was right about where he was last year (34 pts)

Markov finished with 36 in 62 but was on pace for 48 which would have been 4 pts better then the previous year.

Danault had a breakout year with 40 in 82 and was the only Hab to play in every game.

Mitchell went on to score 1 goal in the final 51 games of the season after getting 7 goals in the first 27 games.

yikes

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

They should have put Galchenyuk on the 4th line sooner, I guess. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad