Speculation: Which players make the team/graduate this year?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
They might try to rush Sergachev if they can't find a partner for Weber, but beyond that, none of those listed.
Carr and Ghetto are NHL players now. Hudon should get a serious chance this season.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
^ Too bad Lehkonen isn't at the camp but i think Hudon is impressing a lot.

People here say McCarron needs more seasoning

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Lehkonen and Mccarron

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Radulov
Carr-Mccarron-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Byron

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Up front I don't really care. Keep the most deserving/useful.

But Sergachev is an important decision, IMO. If he's clearly not ready, send him back to junior. But if he can be as good as our #6/7, he should stay. We're working on a clock right now and need to maximize whatever we can for the next 2-3 years.

Marksman

Mar 2, 2003
Visit site
Sergachev, but after the next season at the earliest.

I would really love it would be Lehkonen (for obvious reason), but he has a few guys to beat for it.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
None. Out of camp anyway.

If one of Reway/Lehkonen/Scherbak "graduate" this year it's going to be because of a strong showing during a call up.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It's gonna be Carr. Outside chance of Lehkonen.

Next year McCarron, JDLR, Hudon and Sergachev (plus Lehkonen if he doesn't make it this year).

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Lehkonen and Mccarron

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Radulov
Carr-Mccarron-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Byron

4 of those players in the line up have so little nhl experience. Gonna be a long year. Did DD miraculously disappear ?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
9+ games? Hudon, McCarron and Carr. I think Carr's the only one of the three who's on the opening night roster.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Out of those four, Lehkonen. Sergachev if Emelin or Beaulieu are traded. I don't think any of those four make the club this year (Lehkonen could see some playing time, though).

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
There will be probably 2 spot available, one of Carr, Hudon, Ghetto, Reway or Lehkonen will get a chance to start the year in MTL. But size, speed, defensive play and expirence these guy aren't really suited to play on a 3rd/4th line, I can't see 2 of them in the line up. I see DLR being able to grab that 2nd spot, with is size, speed, defensive game and ability to play how MT want him to play.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Carr - Plekanec - Gallagher
Danault - DD - Shaw
DLR - Mitchell - Byron
Flynn/Matteau

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Who's making the roster full-time or for at least 9+ games

I voted for those 4 (in order of likelihood):

Carr
Lehkonen
Hudon
McCarron

Outside chance :

DLR (but then again he has played a ton of games in the past.. so probably likelier than the above...I just don't really think he belongs until he develops some sort of offensive game.)

Sergachev is probably the best prospect we have, but our left side is crowded and he'll probably be better off going back to the OHL.

Reway is a wildcard but I don't see room for him in our lineup.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Carr probably has the best chance right from camp. I also think they are giving Sergachev every opportunity to start the season with the team next to Weber.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I would think baring any trades,

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Ghetto - Plekanec - Gallagher
Carr - DD - Shaw
Danault - Mitchell - Byron
Flynn/Matteau

Deharnais as a third line center makes me scared...unless he really changes his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad