Which players had parents as their agents?

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Wonder how this is looked upon by other players. Having a parent as your agent. I mean sure it's a way to keep the money in the family but are they going to be as efficient as a real trained pro agent?

How do other players look at it? Is it sort of like the guy who still lives at home at 35?

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Wonder how this is looked upon by other players. Having a parent as your agent. I mean sure it's a way to keep the money in the family but are they going to be as efficient as a real trained pro agent?

How do other players look at it? Is it sort of like the guy who still lives at home at 35?

I'm sure other players would love not having to pay their agent a percentage of their salary.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto

I think most players know their value. I personally don’t see the need for a agent if you’re a star. Agents really only help the most when you’re a not so saught after players. Especially UFA

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Depends on said parents background.

If parent is a lawyer or financial person, it might not be that much of a stretch.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think most players know their value. I personally don’t see the need for a agent if you’re a star. Agents really only help the most when you’re a not so saught after players. Especially UFA
Contracts are more than dollar value. Look at how badly Doughty did with his new contract (in structure) to see the benefits of an agent.

Edit: Also, the vast majority of these players have High School Diplomas at most (and probably didn't focus a whole bunch at school anyway). Probably not the level of expertise and understanding of contracts to go in with when the other side is advised by teams of lawyers from places like Proskauer and Skadden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad