Which players experienced their prime playing for your team?

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I'll bite and make some borderline choices for my team (Buffalo). Obviously guys like Hasek and Perrault are a given, I found few that may encounter some disagreement:
Drury
Briere
Campbell
Lafontaine
Mogilny
Biron

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
It's meant to create debate, people can interpret it however they want.

Ok. Gotcha. :)

Walt Poddubny
Brian Spencer
Bruce Gamble
Jiri Crha
Johnny Bower
John Anderson
Eddie Shack
Carl Brewer
Ed Chadwick
Turk Broda
Rick Vaive
Gary Leeman
Ian Turnbull
Borje' Salming
Allan Stanley
Tim Horton
Ted Kennedy
Syl Apps
Kent Douglas
George Armstrong
Wendel Clark
Darryl Sittler
Dick Duff
etc.....

Loto68

Aug 12, 2006
Boston
Brian Leetch
Jean Ratelle
Rod Gilbert
Brad Park
Andy Bathgate
Frank Boucher
Bill Cook
Bun Cook
Eddie Giacomin

These are just ones who made the Hall of Fame. There are tons of other players obviously who had their Primes with the Rangers but were overall middling players. I'm sure I missed some great players who had their primes in New York though.

justsomeguy

Sep 2, 2004
Webby, Matty, The Chinese Cowboy, Knocker, Pie and Yoga Jean. My team plays softball. These guys iwere all essential to the 2003 championship drive.

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
Obvious choices are:
John MacLean
Scott Stevens
Patrik Elias
Marty Brodeur
etc.
Borderline:
Claude Lemieux
Stephane Richer
Scott Niedermayer

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
Patrick Marleau
Owen Nolan
Evgeni Nabokov
Joe Thornton
Dan Boyle (I know by age, his prime was in TB, but he has had his 3 best seasons in SJ)

If we are talking about impact players, these are the only 5 to play in San Jose during the prime of their careers. Prior to the lockout, the Sharks were traditionally an older team that relied on dealing for former stars that were deemed "finished" by their previous teams and hoping they had something left in the tank, which a select few did. Vincent Damphousse is a great example of that. It's remarkable how a piece of good fortune courtesy of Mike O'Connell changed the Sharks franchise. Before Thornton, the Sharks were always a team with little individual talent and never really were a viable option for big name players. Then they stumbled into a 25-year old franchise center, and he helped turn San Jose into not only a viable destination for star players, but a preferable one. Dan Boyle and Dany Heatley, among others, were two veteran stars that wanted to be traded here.

Sometimes, I still find it hard to believe Boston dealt Joe Thornton. I am pretty sure he was leading the NHL in points and assists, or at least near the top, when it happened.

Last edited:

No 19

Sep 16, 2010
Linden
Bure
McLean
Naslund
Sedins
Bertuzzi
Luongo
Smyl
Kesler
Burrows
Courtnall
Morrison

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Sakic, Forsberg, Hejduk, Foote, Tanguay are the first ones that came to my mind.

Might have seen the START of Tanguay's prime in Colorado, but what SHOULD have been his prime years should have been in Calgary. As such his highest point total came in Calgary, and then dropped considerably thereafter though he should have still been prime for another 4-5 years. (back to a 70 point guy this past season)

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
martin gelinas with the vancouver canucks.

hit his prime his first game with the canucks and didnt look back.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
We definitely got to see Harold Druken at his absolute finest in Vancouver.

i was actually being serious about diduck and momesso. they had some really valuable, if unheralded, years in vancouver. we've seen guys excel in gelinas' old role, or jovo's, even linden's. but to this day, we have never replaced diduck or sergio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad