Petrified wood - Kyle Okposo
Needs to be trunkated - Ralph Krueger
Sabres fans - Board
So which one is the son of a beech?

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Lmao Sheahan/Reider are not issues.

Okposo is definitley dead weight. Hopefully he can be LTIR or retires or we just buy him out idc.

Thompson just has some of the worst iq I’ve ever seen, just don’t think he’ll put it all together.

Eakin reallly hasn’t done much, but he hasn’t negatively effected us yet so I’m okay with him.

On to D - Miller I think is the one that’s gotta go on the blue line. If we can get someone who can eat montours minutes at a safer play style then I’d be all over that as well

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
"Dead wood" players are players that either don't do anything one way or the other for the team OR inhibit the team way more than they add to the team.

Right now, I would only consider Okposo and Tage to be dead weight. Eakin is close, but the PK has been very good since a sluggish start and he's been great in the dot.

Defensively?? Right now, Jokiharju is dead weight....but there's hope he can improve. Irwin and Davidson are dead weight. Miller is close given his complete inability to do anything remotely smart offensively, but he's been surprisingly solid defensively (mostly).

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
"Dead wood" players are players that either don't do anything one way or the other for the team OR inhibit the team way more than they add to the team.

Right now, I would only consider Okposo and Tage to be dead weight. Eakin is close, but the PK has been very good since a sluggish start and he's been great in the dot.

Defensively?? Right now, Jokiharju is dead weight....but there's hope he can improve. Irwin and Davidson are dead weight. Miller is close given his complete inability to do anything remotely smart offensively, but he's been surprisingly solid defensively (mostly).

yeah I think Miller has definitley gotten better defensively the last 10 or so games. He was abysmal in the first 9 lol. So many easy mistakes. Skating over the puck ect. Yeah you’re right on joker, he’s been dogshit all year lmao

FormerSabresFan

Sep 14, 2015
Deadwood - Hutton, Okposo, Thompson, Montour, Miller, Irwin, Skinner

Meh/don't move the needle - Eakin, Mitts (better but still meh), Staal , Asplund (OK I guess but wish he was more physical), Davidson

Too many vanilla guys on this team, I want more guys that play physical, go to the net, agitators/pests, willing to drop the gloves, energy guys that hit and plays hard 100%.

At this point though I'm not sure if I blame the individual players anymore...seems like this franchise sucks the life out of players and they stop caring and lose their love of the game here.

The whole organization is just in a fog of malaise...keep changing players, coaches, GMs but the team on the ice looks the same year after year.

It's really a sad state of affairs...there's fleeting sparks of of passion/pride but way too few and far between....and getting less and less each passing day.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
We're right back to square one where everyone sucks, so it's hard to identify where the problems are. We've come full Sheary/Vesey

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Joker and Olofsson?

Both JAGs. Maybe worse.

To me, it's a microcosm. However, while I get that 12 of Olofssons 15 points are on the PP. Eichel hasn't exactly lit the world on fire. We're terrible on so many levels. I still like Joker, and there is no reason to trade him. The problem is Montour, Miller, and others.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Joker has been pretty disappointing. He's been bad ever since Scandella was traded. For whatever reason, that pairing was super effective and Joker hasn't been the same since.

Not saying I'd get rid of him, though. I'd rather see what he can do with a new coach and not being paired with Irwin and Miller.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Joker has been pretty disappointing. He's been bad ever since Scandella was traded. For whatever reason, that pairing was super effective and Joker hasn't been the same since.

Not saying I'd get rid of him, though. I'd rather see what he can do with a new coach and not being paired with Irwin and Miller.
Perhaps Adams will face the question of who to protect in the expansion draft Borgen or Joki.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad