Which player?????

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I like what I've heard of Sam Lafferty. He had an OK freshman year on a very poor Brown team.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010

Other than Lindo not having any white idols :sarcasm: , all I have to say is damn, he has a big ass head :laugh:

Pens got a steal with Lindo. If he can come back from his injury I think he'll be exactly the type of guy we need. He does have a lot of Simmonds/Ward to his game.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Didn't Lindo miss the start of the season because he was still recovering from knee surgery after missing half of the season before that? Prior to that his production was in line with where he projects to be. Six round picks are a long shot, true, but I think it's a little early to be writing him off as a bust.

Yes, Lindo had a slew of injury issues so you know he's a Penguin :laugh:

The biggest thing about Lindo is to not get sucked up in his production numbers. Simmonds didn't have big numbers in juniors either but they have something in common. They are tough to play against. You hate playing them because they are always on you and always willing to do the dirty work along the boards and play fearless.

Lindo has that factor about him in that he's just one of those guys you notice because he plays hard and is tough on the puck/man. He goes to the net like Simmonds but he hits like Mike Grier...

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Simmonds was nearly a point per game player in the OHL and played for Canada at the 2008 WJC. While Lindo is at .32 ppg and put up less points in more games last season than the year before. The knee injury certainly didn't help and who knows if he is or ever will be fully healthy now? If he ever makes it to the NHL it will be strictly as a 4th line banger who never gets the puck. Steve Webb comes to mind, and even he produced twice as much in juniors. Lindo will need a big final year in the OHL to put himself on the map.

Other than Kapanen they're all longshots. Angello has a lot of size but is only starting college this fall. And since he's going to Cornell he'll want to graduate so we're not going to see him even in WBS until four years from now. Lafferty is probably going to do the same at Brown. Taylor had a good run but faded down the stretch. He could be another Goligoski, or he could become just another undersized PMD destined for the lower pro ranks or Europe. Overall it's too early to expect anything from this class beyond our 1st rounder.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
You can throw out Lindo's last season. Major knee injury and he never quite got on track after that. Couple times I saw him last year the two things that stood out were

1. That he's way stronger than everyone else
2. It looked like there was something still wrong with his leg

Also, he's a 6th round pick. 6th rounders are going to be projects. That's why they're 6th round picks. I'm not sure what the expectation is with 6th rounders to be complaining about Lindo already, but if it's not that whoever gets taken in the 6th will probably bust, the expectations are too high.

Whether Lindo turns into Ward, Matt Martin or a poor man's Eric Tangradi is something nobody will know for years.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
I thought Lindo was worth a 3rd before he injured his leg. I concur with the posters that are saying that it looked like the leg was still bothering him last year; he certainly looked different than he did before the injury. Provided he can fully recover from the injury, I think Lindo has a real shot at becoming a bottom-6 winger in the NHL.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Isn't Angello going to college this coming season? Could be wrong.

Cornell next year.

With less games and more time to bulk up for his frame, it'll be great for him. I like that pick, really hoping he turns out to be something, even if he's a big bottom 6 winger that can contribute, great.

He needs to add some strength though, he's fairly slender for his height. Him and Lafferty are two kids I think can be something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad