Which player?????

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I have no idea, but it'd be really awesome to be able to pull out 2 bottom six forwards at least from those late picks. You know, so we're not constantly shelling out market priced FA contracts to fill those spots all the time.

No Quarter*

Shouldn't get too excited over Kapanen for this year. Word is this organization doesn't think he's ready.

I figured he'd probably start out in Wilkes barre unless he totally tore it up in camp

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Racist.

And my answer is also Lindo.

1. When you were younger, who inspired you, who influenced you, to pursue hockey?

"When I was young, it was Jarome Iginla, with the Calgary Flames and that '04 Stanley Cup run that they had. I've admired him since then. Lately I've really liked Joel Ward and Wayne Simmonds. I really love their style of play. I think it's similar to mine. I try to model myself after them."

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I have an irrational exuberance for Lindo, which probably means he'll retire in a month.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I have an irrational exuberance for Lindo, which probably means he'll retire in a month.

I think he has potential, I don't know what it is, he just seems like he has that drive to achieve his goal to model his game after Simmonds or Ward, he may never be the powerhouse top 6 forward Simmonds is, but I think he can become a solid bottom 6 forward like Ward. Even a Ward-lite for the 4th line.

Jesus Vitale

Formerly CPZ17
Nov 19, 2010
Pittsburgh
What in the world does anyone see in Jaden Lindo? I know if he were ever to play in the NHL it wouldn't be for his offensive abilities, but the kid had 9 whole points in his third year of major junior. Even if he's projected to be a bottom six, energy, gritty player. Almost every scrub, goon, plug, tweener, energy guy who was ever moderately useful in the NHL put up better offensive numbers than he did. Tanner Glass, Zeno Konopka, Brian Gibbons, Bobby Farnham, Craig "superstar" Adams, etc. Etc. Even if a guy plays on the 3rd/4th line in juniors/college and is projected to do the same in the NHL if they pan out they generally have the physical ability and/or hockey sense to do better than 9 points in their 18-19 YO season.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
What in the world does anyone see in Jaden Lindo? I know if he were ever to play in the NHL it wouldn't be for his offensive abilities, but the kid had 9 whole points in his third year of major junior. Even if he's projected to be a bottom six, energy, gritty player. Almost every scrub, goon, plug, tweener, energy guy who was ever moderately useful in the NHL put up better offensive numbers than he did. Tanner Glass, Zeno Konopka, Brian Gibbons, Bobby Farnham, Craig "superstar" Adams, etc. Etc. Even if a guy plays on the 3rd/4th line in juniors/college and is projected to do the same in the NHL if they pan out they generally have the physical ability and/or hockey sense to do better than 9 points in their 18-19 YO season.

The question was about a specific draft, and we were asked to exclude the first round pick...

But hey, you're cool!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lindo's numbers are pretty Craig Adams level of bad. I was hoping (not racist) that he would be more like a DSP type of player at best, Simmonds? Lmao...we wish, we all wish, even he wishes.

But outside of Kapanen, man those guys are all looooong shots.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Didn't Lindo miss the start of the season because he was still recovering from knee surgery after missing half of the season before that? Prior to that his production was in line with where he projects to be. Six round picks are a long shot, true, but I think it's a little early to be writing him off as a bust.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I like the thinking behind the Lindo pick, at least. It's easier to find a Matt Martin in the later rounds than it is to find a Pavel Datsyuk, might as well play the odds.

That's not to say that they should only look for safe, low return type picks, but they shouldn't all be hail marys either.

Their inability to find role players has led to them wasting assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad