Which Player would you most want to have on your team?

Who would you most want on your team? PICK TWO

• Total voters

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
Which two of these young players would you most want to have on your team?

This would be a combination of current and future. I am allowing you to choose two so there is a better sense of the top end of the group rather than just the top 1.

These are the Centers drafted high in 2016 and 2017 who have already made an impact to their NHL team outside of the big two (Matthews & Barzal).

member 157595

Pettersson is closer to Matthews and Eichel than he is to any other player on this list. He's the slam-dunk choice here.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Ep easily

A scheifele/ep 1-2 punch would be one of the best in the league

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
I agree Pettersson is in the top two of this list, but his sample size is still only half a season. He has been great so far, but that has to be a consideration and keeps him out of the Matthews and Barzal level.

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
For buffalo ep and keller easily our top 6 would be insane with those two added however starting from scratch ep and nico for me

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
Pettersson and Hischier. Would go Dubois over Hischier on pure value but Nico has the extra ELC year and the Leafs are in an impending cap crisis.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I’d take Pettersson over any two other players on this list, he shouldn’t even be in this poll.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
I agree Pettersson is in the top two of this list, but his sample size is still only half a season. He has been great so far, but that has to be a consideration and keeps him out of the Matthews and Barzal level.
Barzal isnt on the Matthews level lmfao

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Pettersson is a lock and it's not even close, honestly.

Second, I go Keller by a hair over Dubois, just because I see him emerging into a Gaudreau-ish player soon.

Hischier doesn't impress me much. Patrick is a dud.

Reactions: Dache

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Barzal isnt on the Matthews level lmfao
Only in leafland. The rest of the world knows he is in that second tier of young elite centers after Mcdavid.

Matthews, Barzal, Eichel, Petterson, Aho. The way Dubois is developing into a two way power forward he is tracking to be on that level, just not quite there yet.

Reactions: Sayonara77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad